Rear LED Lights

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Hi,
I purchased LED lights for interior. I got 6 lights...two for map lights one for back seat and one for trunk. There are two left...for backup lights. I have no idea how to get to those?
Are they the white lights next to the red boomerang lights in the back? If so they are covered by metal...I can't get in there...
Sponsored

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Replied to your same question in the other thread. For the reverse lights, you have to go from inside the trunk. There is a carpet liner which you have to pull back by removing the tabs to see the bulbs. Find a 921 LED bulb you like, I typically go with white which is recommended.

Video for an earlier Civic but same procedure:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I did pull back the liner... But all there was, was metal. I'll try it again.

classmarcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T LSM ; 2006 Civic EX ASM
Country flag
Is this for a 2016 civic? if it is, then you need to take off the whole rear tail light assembly...

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh sorry, didn't realize it was that complicated. This'd will prevent me adding reverse lights in the near future.

OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Ahh... So I am not crazy. Then I won't do it... As I don't know how to take off the whole rear tail light assembly.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Better start taking the bumper off and unscrewing the screws the lock the housing in place. Remember, reverse lights are usually 921 on these vehicles so if you bought map and trunk lights (T10) don't be surprised that those bulb won't fit in the rear.

otaviovigato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring
does anybody have a video explaning how to remove the housing or is really necessary to remove the bumper to change the lights??

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
does anybody have a video explaning how to remove the housing or is really necessary to remove the bumper to change the lights??
Have you attemped to take any of the trunk insulator off to see if that connectors can be reached that way?

spets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
The owners manual usually covers how to change the bulbs. Have you looked in there yet?

otaviovigato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring
that for sure will help i didn't see that when a looked into my owner manual...but that will be very helpful ill try it and post here..thank you guys

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm a little confused as to what lights are already LED in the rear assembly and which aren't. It seems from my understanding that the R/L brake lights are but that everything else (blinker, reverse, center brake) are all conventional. Is this correct?

otaviovigato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring
You're correct I recently removed the assembly to change the reverse bulb and checked all the bulbs and the only one that is led is r/l brake lights everything else are conventional bulbs..
Sponsored