Rear Fixed Quarter Light Seal External Seal - Anyone else with this issue?

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed on my 2018 Hatchback that the rear fixed quarter light glass outer seals are curling on on the corners. This is the same on both sides. Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Fixed Quarter Light Seal External Seal - Anyone else with this issue? IMG_1643

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Fixed Quarter Light Seal External Seal - Anyone else with this issue? IMG_1645

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Fixed Quarter Light Seal External Seal - Anyone else with this issue? IMG_1646

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just noticed on my 2018 Hatchback that the rear fixed quarter light glass outer seals are curling on on the corners. This is the same on both sides. Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Stephen

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg
think all the cars are doing it. i have seen it posted on the forums last year not sure if they ever got them fixed or not

GeoffH

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Mine doing same, have mentioned to Honda and they going to look at tomorrow, will post what they have to say but seems a common issue.

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Service Manager at my local dealer says that it is not a warranty issue as they have been caught with my chamois leather whilst drying off the car.

This is a cop out in my opinion because if the seals were properly secured in place from the factory then this fault wouldn't occur in the first place.

Stephen

GeoffH

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The Service Manager at my local dealer says that it is not a warranty issue as they have been caught with my chamois leather whilst drying off the car.

This is a cop out in my opinion because if the seals were properly secured in place from the factory then this fault wouldn't occur in the first place.

Stephen
They tried that with me until I pointed out others doing same and they have now agreed to replace seals. Get onto Honda UK and complain to them if your dealer won't do anything about it.

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They tried that with me until I pointed out others doing same and they have now agreed to replace seals. Get onto Honda UK and complain to them if your dealer won't do anything about it.

I'm now trading in my Rallye Red 2018 for a Sonic Grey Pearl Sport 2019. It is their problem now and I'm sure that they will put it through as warranty when prepping the car for sale.

I have worked for many car dealerships throughout my career and I know what goes on.

If the same happens to my new 2019 model I'll deal with it then.

Stephen

GeoffH

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm now trading in my Rallye Red 2018 for a Sonic Grey Pearl Sport 2019. It is their problem now and I'm sure that they will put it through as warranty when prepping the car for sale.

I have worked for many car dealerships throughout my career and I know what goes on.

Stephen

GeoffH

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

Stephen
Just had mine back today, new seals fitted, thicker with round ends so there is indeed a fix. Replaced under warranty.
Of interest mine is a sonic grey pearl SP it's a lovely colour especially when the sun shines on it and it has a green sparkle.