Rear Camera: not just for reverse?

jbuckner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the rear camera view without being in reverse? Perhaps like how you can activate the right-side camera by pushing the button on the turn signal lever without actually engaging the right turn signal?

And, I realize this is a long shot, is there a way to capture a still image from either camera? It would be useful if dealing with an aggressive driver.
Sponsored

jedimane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
When you're driving slap your car in reverse and see if that brings up the camera (kidding, don't do this. I have seen a video of a guy driving a brand new Ford Fusion do this exact thing and he managed to get the rear camera on and the transmission didn't blow up).

As for the still images, highly doubt it.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's probably a way to trick the reverse camera into staying on, but you're better off just getting a dash cam to stick in the back window.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Deja-vu? I swear I have seen this exact thread with at least the same exact first reply.... Maybe the Matrix code changed....

jaserjaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-T , 2016 honda accord v6 touring
Country flag
the 9th gen accord guys know a trick to keep the rear cam on ..

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems Honda did a half *** job with these Safety features.

The cameras are pointless if you're not going to alert the driver especially the side mirror. Blind Spot Monitor would've been more useful.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems Honda did a half *** job with these Safety features.

The cameras are pointless if you're not going to alert the driver especially the side mirror. Blind Spot Monitor would've been more useful.
That's what we have in Europe ;)

jedimane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
European models have blind side monitors on civicx?
When I read this too I thought o_O.

I saw the models in Australia having the cameras on both mirrors. I think it would be nice to have that on NA models too. Oh well.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
European models have blind side monitors on civicx?
Yep, an orange indicator shows on the mirror glass when a car is in your blind spot. Like this

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Camera: not just for reverse? 2017-Honda-CR-V-side-mirror-blind-spot-768x500_o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Rallye Red Touring
Country flag
I've come to despise the right-side camera, especially when I'm using the Navi or Apple Maps and I have to make a right turn. Yes, I can disable the camera with a push of the button, but damn I want to disable it forever lol.

jedimane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I've come to despise the right-side camera, especially when I'm using the Navi or Apple Maps and I have to make a right turn. Yes, I can disable the camera with a push of the button, but damn I want to disable it forever lol.
I think you can?

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
When I read this too I thought o_O.

I saw the models in Australia having the cameras on both mirrors. I think it would be nice to have that on NA models too. Oh well.
No, we don't have that feature - though it would be nice. I would also really like a front facing camera equivalent to the reversing camera as it would be very useful for parking at times.

There is a video on youtube of a Malaysian civic x with a custom front camera which also shows the predictive lines when going forward. I would really like that feature to help me teach my son to park more safely.

jedimane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
No, we don't have that feature - though it would be nice. I would also really like a front facing camera equivalent to the reversing camera as it would be very useful for parking at times.

There is a video on youtube of a Malaysian civic x with a custom front camera which also shows the predictive lines when going forward. I would really like that feature to help me teach my son to park more safely.
My bad. It was a civic RS model, I guess I thought it was an AU available model for whatever reason.
Sponsored