imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I know nobody has made a bbk for the rear because of the ebrake assembly attached to the rear brake caliper.. my question is how hard would it be to separate the caliper and e-brake module? I have to assume that some company has thought about this? I'd be happy with even a 2 piston rear with a larger rear rotor. Is everybody just happy with the rear braking power? Totally posting out of curiosity.
Sponsored

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
To keep it really simple, your front brakes do most of the work when stopping.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To keep it really simple, your front brakes do most of the work when stopping.
I understand that but from a performance perspective it'd be nice to be able to have some more braking power to add some balance to the amount of weight shifted forward. I'd love some more braking power to put less stress on my front tires during hard braking.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The parking brake is integrated into the rear caliper. Seperation is not possible.

You could look into Rage Brakes, they sell a rear upgrade kit with a larger rear rotor and a caliper bracket to move the OEM caliper out to match.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you guys are missing my point. I made a quick diagram to show my idea. I'm saying create a new housing or a new ebrake assembly so you can run a separate caliper. I am not taking into account. I'm just saying shouldn't this be possible.

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear BBK idea/question rear_brake_idea

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seika can create custom BBK kits with the EPB integrated. I can imagine the cost would be north of $2,500 USD.

You should be able to configure your options on their website.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I think just extending the caliper and putting bigger rotors in the rear would be more than enough. Our cars are below 3000 lbs, the type R has the same rear brakes as all the other cars. This isn't a big 4000lbs muscle car like camaros and challengers, you need a lot less brakes to have effective brakes. I think with a good set of rotors and performance pads you'd be surprised at how much better your rear brakes become, especially with bigger rotors. You don't need twin piston calipers in the back with this size car IMO. Try what JT Si said:

You could look into Rage Brakes, they sell a rear upgrade kit with rear rotors from 320mm to 410mm and a caliper bracket to move the OEM caliper out to match. I think it's more than enough for even a 2000hp civic. They don't even make 410mm front brake kits for our cars.

Last edited:

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Paragon has a rear bbk two piece rotor for fk8. @Unity Performance sells it. The fk8 and fc rear calipers are the same except the material type. All we need is for paragon to drill a few hats to the 114.3 x 5 stud pattern and we are golden. Wutcha think? @Thusee ?

?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Paragon has a rear bbk two piece rotor for fk8. @Unity Performance sells it. The fk8 and fc rear calipers are the same except the material type. All we need is for paragon to drill a few hats to the 114.3 x 5 stud pattern and we are golden. Wutcha think? @Thusee ?

?
I honestly don't think we need anymore bigger in the rear. Si has the bigger rotor already compared to all 10th gens non R....better pads and rotors will be plenty.

Of course visually it'll look a lot nicer if you have a front bbk.

Yes the type r caliper is a direct swap onto the non R calipers....not sure if type r bracket is the same but it probably is.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I honestly don't think we need anymore bigger in the rear. Si has the bigger rotor already compared to all 10th gens non R....better pads and rotors will be plenty.

Of course visually it'll look a lot nicer if you have a front bbk.

Yes the type r caliper is a direct swap onto the non R calipers....not sure if type r bracket is the same but it probably is.
Well said but I do want one to balance out the visual.
I looked into the Si swap for the rear and it seemed so involved for such a small (~1 inch) difference.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I’d at least like is a set of rear calipers to match something like the 27won bbk even if the size and everything is the same. I think that signature orange poking out from behind all four wheels would look pretty epic.

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well said but I do want one to balance out the visual.
I looked into the Si swap for the rear and it seemed so involved for such a small (~1 inch) difference.
It's actually a fairly easy swap. You dont need to swap the rear dust shields you can just bend it back.

All you really need are the si rotors and si rear brackets for the calipers. And you'll reuse the stock caliper.
Sponsored