Real quick question on tires...

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered a pair of summer tires and are having them installed at my dealer along with an oil change tomorrow. One thing I didn’t really think about (go figure) is whether or not I can fit all of my old tires in my car or not. I want to keep my all seasons as they have plenty of life left, but I am actually concerned that they will not fit in my car. Unless the dealer would allow me to borrow a bigger car to bring them home, which means I would need to make like three trips, I might have an issue if they don’t fit.

Has anyone transported 4 tires before in their CTR? They are just tires - no wheels.
Sponsored

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I ordered a pair of summer tires and are having them installed at my dealer along with an oil change tomorrow. One thing I didn’t really think about (go figure) is whether or not I can fit all of my old tires in my car or not. I want to keep my all seasons as they have plenty of life left, but I am actually concerned that they will not fit in my car. Unless the dealer would allow me to borrow a bigger car to bring them home, which means I would need to make like three trips, I might have an issue if they don’t fit.

Has anyone transported 4 tires before in their CTR? They are just tires - no wheels.
Yep, they will fit, no issue.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
You would be amazed on how much stuff can fit in the civic especially with the seat dropped. I think you should be good

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I just transported four of the OEM 20 inch tires in mine, they fit easily when you stack them with the seats down

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I've put all 4 of my summer wheels with tires mounted in my trunk.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I swapped to my all-seasons, three mounted and inflated stock summers fit standing up across the main hatch area, with the fourth on its side on top of the folded down back seats.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I figured it was more than up for the job but just had to confirm.. wouldn’t that have been an unpleasant surprise when they ask “so where are we putting these” :)

I plan on throwing a bunch of towels over the seats so nothing gets dirty in the car. That much o did plan out!

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
4 stock wheels/tires will fit in the hatch. Just have to take out the removable hatch area privacy covers.
These cars are amazing.