Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
All positive responses, people on the road seem to love the way it looks (as opposed to the reviews). But sometimes it is hard to answer the question of "what kind of car is it". You tell them it is a Honda Civic Type R. They say "Oh, a Honda Civic", and you realize that most people have no idea about the Type R.
I say, "Oh, it's just a Honda"
"Really? What kind?"
"It's called Type R"
"Nice"

I am sure most Stinger owners would not be mentioning the "Kia" part. . . . (Of course, I think that the Civic lineup in general is very nice personally).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mick the Quick

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
The Stinger just looks like KIA is trying too hard.

It's just awful from the back.
To some people, this must sound like Oprah and Roseanne arguing who looks better . . . . especially from the back (hope you weren't eating). ;)

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
I say, "Oh, it's just a Honda"
"Really? What kind?"
"It's called Type R"
"Nice"

I am sure most Stinger owners would not be mentioning the "Kia" part. . . . (Of course, I think that the Civic lineup in general is very nice personally).
I wonder if anyone de-emblemed and removed the civic part yet? I thought about it at times and feel bad for thinking like that

The Stinger just looks like KIA is trying too hard.

It's just awful from the back.
Noooooo as type R owners we should never make that statement. All the euro snobs been telling the same thing about type R :(

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The back of the Stinger has a very Dodge-esque sort of look to it with how the taillights are styled. But I have no issues with how it looks.

Also I would never remove the Civic badge from this car. Itā€™s not a Type R, itā€™s a Civic Type R. Removing the badge doesnā€™t change it. This is still a Civic, and a damn good one (just like the entire 10th generation lineup) and Iā€™m proud to let everyone see that.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I think a lot of people just hate having s*** on the back of their car in general. I haven't owned a vehicle that I didn't de-badge. Hell I de-badged my old murano. Rear ends look cleaner without silver letters all over them.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wonder if anyone de-emblemed and removed the civic part yet? I thought about it at times and feel bad for thinking like that
I did. But I remove the emblems on every car I own because I like the look of the trunk without the emblems.
Removed them on my ILX, removed them on the NX. I just think it looks cleaner without anything in the back.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I debadged as well the CIVIC letters as it gives the car a much better look without the silver letters.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Dental floss and a blow dryer? I've used fishing string in the past also. I'm hoping to reduce the amount of buffing I have to do afterwards so any other recommendations is super helpful!

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Dental floss and a blow dryer? I've used fishing string in the past also. I'm hoping to reduce the amount of buffing I have to do afterwards so any other recommendations is super helpful!
For me it was as simple as wriggling the letters one at a time slowly till they became loose and came off. The leftover glue underneath I used finger nails to gently pluck it out and used a microfiber cloth to wipe off the rest of the sediment. Really did not need anything else. Only letter to be careful was CI"V"IC the V, which in my hurry because the C and I came off so easily the edge scratched the paint like a small pin dot. But nothing I can see unless I look for it carefully.

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
Also I would never remove the Civic badge from this car. Itā€™s not a Type R, itā€™s a Civic Type R. Removing the badge doesnā€™t change it. This is still a Civic, and a damn good one (just like the entire 10th generation lineup) and Iā€™m proud to let everyone see that.
Yea I go through same mental struggle at times, the sane logical side tells me, be who you are be proud of itā€™s name. The wild radical asks ā€œ Clark and Superman are the same, but are they really the same? Superman just needs the ā€˜Rā€™ logo not the glasses and suitā€

Blow dryer and floss, warm enough slice the back glue and lift upward from around middle of letter. Never lift edge since the opposite edge will dig into the already weak clear coat of our car. As seen with the ā€˜vā€™ above.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah basically. I left it out in the sun and used a dental floss and then used goo-gone on the left over adhesives.
Just make sure not to "pull" on the letters.
Sponsored