HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Seriously? Their website has them listed at $951 per wheel. I don't care how new a setup is. Nothing is worth that much money. I sincerely hope you did NOT pay that much....
What does it matter to you?

The same could be said about the Type R and people thinking it's not "worth" X amount of money.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
Fuck that noise. 4K+ for wheels and tires for some free internet points.....
Says the guy criticizing how other people spend their money. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean others can't. So why s**t on what other people are into. It's faster for you to say nothing and move along.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
First of all look at what thread you're in.

Secondly, we don't care for that attitude. Everyone has their budgets, those who appreciate Rays wheels aren't complaining.
Well said Johnny. Dude is a newbee and comes in blasting!?! Wow! SMH.

PS- I thought this was thread to share info on Volks, etc., not to hear peeps bitching on price.

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
I had a set of CE28N Genesis wheels on my Evo and they were fantastic. I'd love to get a set of CE28N superlaps or TE37s for the R. I'm just not sure if I want to go down to 18" wheels.

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag
I had a set of CE28N Genesis wheels on my Evo and they were fantastic. I'd love to get a set of CE28N superlaps or TE37s for the R. I'm just not sure if I want to go down to 18" wheels.
What about those ze40s in 19s? I think those are the sexiest wheels on this thread so far. Almost gets too aggressive for functionality though.

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
What about those ze40s in 19s? I think those are the sexiest wheels on this thread so far. Almost gets too aggressive for functionality though.
I dunno, I just love CE28s for some reason. I had two sets of Volks on my Evo X, gunmetal TE37s then the CE28N Genesis set. The CE28s just look classic to me. If the ZE40s fit with minimal rubbing or having to trim the fenders up too much I don't see a big deal. I won't be dropping my car on springs or coils, and I don't plan on heavy modifications since this is my DD, so if a set of wheels take a lot o work to run it won't be happening.

I'll be interested to see more Rs with 18" wheels and what tire setup they're running. I might be persuaded to change, haha.

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So just an update:

A few Rays vendors are sorting some things out. Custom specs can be ordered from any vendor, but once ordered, the spec now belongs to that vendor....

A few vendors that will remain nameless came late to the game and are trying to order specs that were already reserved. So let's see how this plays out.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
ZE40 Time Attacks are the ones I want :D

Good luck with the vendors Jonny, interesting that a vendor "owns" that spec once it is ordered. Odd way to do things, but I guess that's their policy?

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
So just an update:

A few Rays vendors are sorting some things out. Custom specs can be ordered from any vendor, but once ordered, the spec now belongs to that vendor....

A few vendors that will remain nameless came late to the game and are trying to order specs that were already reserved. So let's see how this plays out.
Would love to know which vendor owns what specs.

Yes, Time Attack 19's +60 would seal the deal for me :D
Hate to say it but I highly doubt any vendor will be ordering +60, doubt those can even be made since it would most likely need a completely new design.

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Would love to know which vendor owns what specs.

Hate to say it but I highly doubt any vendor will be ordering +60, doubt those can even be made since it would most likely need a completely new design.
you'll know soon when you see their offering.

Turbo R

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Nissan Skyline GTR - 2017 Civic Type R (coming soon)
Country flag
Yes at the end of the day it's your money and everyone can spend it how they choose. All i was stating is that it was too rich for my blood and i couldn't understand the value in the price.

The reason i posted the link to the other wheels is because they can be found for much cheaper. I know you have to pay to play when it comes to new wheels 500/600/700 isnt out of the question for a hot new set of wheels. I was merely surprised by the nearly 1k per wheel.

I do apologize for it coming across as cynical, wasn't my intention. It's not that i cannot afford wheels that cost that much, I just wouldn't.
Sponsored