Rattle noise from within sensor box on windshield

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced a subtle, yet incredibly annoying, rattle from the big black box (which I believe is the lane keeping assist sensor) on the windshield? Took a four-hour trip to upstate NY and it became abundantly clear (since the radio was lowered because the babies were sleeping). I tried removing the case all together to see if something was in there rattling, but I couldn't pull it off (or at least didn't wanna try harder out of fear of breaking it). The only piece that did come off was the left side (the narrower piece compared to the right). When that cover was off, the noise was louder. It seems the rattle is under the wider piece on the right. Anyone else? I would like to remove the right side, but I was unsuccessful when I first tried. Seems like it'll break if I try harder.
Sponsored

ryannayr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Has anyone else experienced a subtle, yet incredibly annoying, rattle from the big black box (which I believe is the lane keeping assist sensor) on the windshield? Took a four-hour trip to upstate NY and it became abundantly clear (since the radio was lowered because the babies were sleeping). I tried removing the case all together to see if something was in there rattling, but I couldn't pull it off (or at least didn't wanna try harder out of fear of breaking it). The only piece that did come off was the left side (the narrower piece compared to the right). When that cover was off, the noise was louder. It seems the rattle is under the wider piece on the right. Anyone else? I would like to remove the right side, but I was unsuccessful when I first tried. Seems like it'll break if I try harder.
Yes! I have the same issue. Some days it's really bad and I can hear it with music on. I haven't found a way to get inside the box to fix it either. Gonna bring it in probably.

OP
OP
verbalj

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I'm not the only one. What other threads have said is true - it seems the sound is amplified in that area of the cabin. Contributing to the noise was my garage door opener which is affixed to my sun visor. Putting my hand on that or removing altogether significantly cut down the noise, but it's still there. Gotta be something inside the box.

ryannayr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
I don't have anything affixed to it. Bone stock. The rattle sound is definitely from the Honda sending box.

Jcollie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic sport
Country flag
Same problem here...incredibly annoying rattle from sensor box. Anyone ever find a fix?
Sponsored