Rattle Near Left Ear

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced a rattling by their left ear while driving? It is driving me absolutely insane and I can't seem to pinpoint it.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Try holding the roof liner that seems to rattle a lot on our hatches especially with sunroofs

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
I have the same issue. However the rattle seems to be at the top of the driver window. Any vibration from driving and it rattles.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The 10th gen headliner area is a big source of rattles and little clicking sounds, especially over rough surfaces. On models with sunroofs, the fix is easy. Simply pull down the headliner all around the sunroof and put in some foam type of material. Then just snap the headliner back in place.

On cars without sunroofs (like the R), it would be a more difficult fix and probably require a trip to the dealer.

OP and ale99llamas, it's also possible (since sound travels) your noise might be coming from the driver side A pillar area.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I'll see if messing with the headliner helps at all. I swear it seems to be coming from the area the seatbelt connects, but I may be going crazy at this point

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Probably a dumb idea, but make sure there isn’t anything in your doors cubby, I’ve thought there was a rattle in that area too but it turned out to be something in that cubby.

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
Another totally random thing that rattled was the remote for my garage door opener. That little bit of freedom for the button to move was it. Credit to my daughter finding that one while I was looking for all other sources.

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
I currently have that exact same rattle and I've noticed it may be the belt assembly at only certain times I'm taking my type r to the dealer for a few issues interior related mostly.

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I currently have that exact same rattle and I've noticed it may be the belt assembly at only certain times I'm taking my type r to the dealer for a few issues interior related mostly.
I've thought it could be the seat belt assembly. It is worse in colder weather for me too.

Let us know what the dealer says!

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Both of my tweeters rattle. It drives me crazy but I’m hesitant to bring the car in and have the dealership beat on the car.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have this annoying rattle.... I thought it was my door but now that others have mentioned the head liner, I believe it is in fact the head liner. It seems to disappear as I apply pressure to it..... It's really annoying to me

:(

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
My car has been at the dealer for a few issues haven't heard anything yet but I told them to take their time just so its fixed ill let you guys know what it was for me when I have an answer

mr10kr7

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Pebbles sometimes get stuck near the brakes. Take it to the dealer and have them inspect that area to make sure there isn't anything stuck in there. I recently got my car wrapped and they found a bunch of sand/pebbles in the side skirts. Try taking a look in there too.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
I've thought it could be the seat belt assembly. It is worse in colder weather for me too.

Let us know what the dealer says!
Sounds like its the same issue like me try holding the bottom A pillar towards the bottom close to where the dash is and see if it goes away if it does grab something to stuff in there. That got rid of my rattle completely.
Sponsored