Random CTR Chat

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
Well since the "Officially Revealed CTR" thread was closed http://www.civicx.com/threads/offic...onda-civic-type-r-with-306-hp-295-lb-ft.9504/ this one will pick up with the random chatter that we had going on in there... Feel free to discuss any of the number of randomness we had going on in that other thread...

I know Yamaha tuned the LFA for Lexus. The way the CTR sounds, I wonder if anybody was hired to get the amazing noise out of the 3 Muffler system?

OP
OP
the1dynasty

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Just gonna tag some people here so they know where to look for CTR randomness!! If you know someone else I forgot to tag, go ahead and bring this thread to their attention...

@All-Knowing @OldPirate @JYR @09CivicSiBrian @Trey @UFO CTR @MrPink @UberCivic @vader2k @GSquared @asiandeity @jpmelfi @shutupish @petem @Dr_Drache @dallasjhawk @Banshee @ZdH @AnthemCTR @Nemesis724 @jonnys_honda @Zooropa82 @MonkeyBoost @revin9k @ayau @jdmk20akid @Eddie @NorthernEX-T
Thanks! I just want some new info from Honda, and some FL love! At least i have a deposit down on one now, although I'm not sure how they know they are getting it if it's not in iN yet.

OP
OP
the1dynasty

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish everyone luck in getting their CTR, during this 1st round.....Pictures and videos are in order please.
Yeah, I'll live vicariously through whoever buys a 2017... My GM said he's not selling to any employee for the first year... So I'll have to wait for a 2018 CTR... Gives me more time to build up my credit and get more monies for a down payment...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Thanks for tagging!

Before we get too much further, I just want to make a note for posterity. Just thinking crazy here, but 2-3 years from now, this whole game of waiting, calling 30 dealerships, etc will seem like a distant memory. The Mid-Model refresh will be a topic with the next-gen Civic Type R concept due out... and threads like this will be ancient history! We'll all have new stuff to talk about.

The time is getting close! There is reason to be excited!!!

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Thanks for tagging!

Before we get too much further, I just want to make a note for posterity. Just thinking crazy here, but 2-3 years from now, this whole game of waiting, calling 30 dealerships, etc will seem like a distant memory. The Mid-Model refresh will be a topic with the next-gen Civic Type R concept due out... and threads like this will be ancient history! We'll all have new stuff to talk about.

The time is getting close! There is reason to be excited!!!
:confused1::cry::nono::drool::spaz::fear::doh::banghead:......starting already.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Seeing VTEC at the bottom of the image there made me curious.. whats the behavior of a Turbo VTEC compared to an NA VTEC?
I wish i could remember where i read about this, but they kind of reversed it from providing power in high rpm's to lower in the powerband and to complement the single scroll turbo. So more power in lower rpm's until the turbo is spooled up in higher rpms. I'll keep looking to see if i can find where i read or maybe even watched this.

Found it!! https://www.carthrottle.com/post/6-fascinating-technical-facts-about-the-new-honda-civic-type-r/

It has 'backwards' VTEC
Honda Civic 10th gen Random CTR Chat screen-shot-2015-06-09-at-12.3-5576d2d3d2a7e

It’s quite common for high-performance turbocharged cars to feature either two single scroll blowers, or single twin-scroll unit. Either of these options help counter turbo lag, but the Honda has neither: it’ uses a single, mono-scroll turbo. Instead, the new Type R’s 2.0-litre unit uses VTEC to combat lag.

VTEC - or Variable Timing and Lift Electronic Control - is something we’re used to seeing on hot Hondas, but before it’s been about giving a boost in the last few thousand revs (seeing you change up at anything up to a frankly silly 9000rpm in some VTEC’d Hondas). Here, its primary function is to do the opposite, by giving a higher valve lift at low revs to boost low-end torque.

Has it worked? To an extent, but there’s still some obvious lag. However, the engine’s boosty attitude as the turbo comes on song at 3000 or so RPM is damn good fun to experience.