Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
So last weekend on my bday I picked up a new rallye red civic si sedan. I plan on getting a set of wheels for summer and using the stock ones for snow tires in the winter. I can’t decide what wheels to get to go with the rallye red, bronze ? Black ? Gold ? Trying to see what everyone else’s looks like . I will be running stock suspension and transferring over my current stock tires to the new rims, so I’m limited to rim sizes that will fit with stock tires. Please post pics if you have them thanks !

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 084E2E03-6721-42EA-A1F8-A371FB6ACCD4
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So last weekend on my bday I picked up a new rallye red civic si sedan. I plan on getting a set of wheels for summer and using the stock ones for snow tires in the winter. I can’t decide what wheels to get to go with the rallye red, bronze ? Black ? Gold ? Trying to see what everyone else’s looks like . I will be running stock suspension and transferring over my current stock tires to the new rims, so I’m limited to rim sizes that will fit with stock tires. Please post pics if you have them thanks !
For 235 wide tires, the ideal width is 8" ~ 8.5".
The minimum for 9" is 235, but you'll be stretching a bit, as 245 and 255 is more ideal.

Gold / Bronze / White really works well with red coloured car -- in my honest opinion
It gives a good colour separation between the tire (black), and the body paint.
Something like a matte gold / bronze, and not like a machined or CHROME gold.

to give you some examples (from the interwebs):

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 5plyfud-

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 504977-1-2018-civic-honda-si-eibach-lowering-springs-rays-engineering-57dr-bronze

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 553800-1-2018-civic-honda-sport-eibach-lowering-springs-ambit-rs18-bronze

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 553800-1-2018-civic-honda-sport-eibach-lowering-springs-ambit-rs18-bronze

Honda Civic 10th gen Rallye red si what wheels should I get? 631859-1-2018-civic-honda-type-r-swift-spec-r-lowering-springs-enkei-nt03m-white

OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Thanks for the examples I really like avid av-06 in bronze or the hyper black because it’s not super dark black and you can separate paint from tires and wheels still

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the examples I really like avid av-06 in bronze or the hyper black because it’s not super dark black and you can separate paint from tires and wheels still
You can't go wrong with the AV-06.
I was actually considering a set of those when picking out my wheels.
If you want a concave look, rather than a flat face, it looks like you'll need to get a set that is 8.5" or larger.
Of course, it depends on the offset as well -- might need to ask the place you are going to buy from to confirm.

Also, the AV-06 wheels have a bore diameter of 73.1mm, so you'll need to get some 73.1mm to 64.1mm hub rings -- using Eneki's hub ring page as an example.
http://www.enkei.co.jp/wheels/parts/hub.php

OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
You can't go wrong with the AV-06.
I was actually considering a set of those when picking out my wheels.
If you want a concave look, rather than a flat face, it looks like you'll need to get a set that is 8.5" or larger.
Of course, it depends on the offset as well -- might need to ask the place you are going to buy from to confirm.

Also, the AV-06 wheels have a bore diameter of 73.1mm, so you'll need to get some 73.1mm to 64.1mm hub rings -- using Eneki's hub ring page as an example.
http://www.enkei.co.jp/wheels/parts/hub.php
Wow had no idea that I needed hub centric rings what about adohan ah08 rims I can’t figure out what bore diameter they have would they need rings aswell?

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow had no idea that I needed hub centric rings what about adohan ah08 rims I can’t figure out what bore diameter they have would they need rings aswell?
Would these work ? And my other question is what style lug nuts do I need cone shape or acorn ?https://www.amazon.com/73-1mm-Circu...ocphy=9004881&hvtargid=pla-599438303204&psc=1
Adohan doesn't say on their website, but resellers have the Center Bore (CB) size as 73.1mm as well.
Yes, those aluminum 73.1mm to 64.1mm adapters would be the perfect ones.

Also note:
  • Our bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3mm
  • Stock wheel is 18 x 8" +50mm
  • You are pretty much safe up to around +30mm / +35mm offset, as we have a decent amount of space between the suspension and the wheel hub.
We got a couple of wheel/tire threads on this forum, so you can check out other people's fitments, and some more ideas on wheels and tires.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-setup-on-stock-suspension.20649/
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-set-up.3356/
https://www.civicx.com/threads/aggressive-wheel-fitment-thread.26817/

OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Adohan doesn't say on their website, but resellers have the Center Bore (CB) size as 73.1mm as well.
Yes, those aluminum 73.1mm to 64.1mm adapters would be the perfect ones.

Also note:
  • Our bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3mm
  • Stock wheel is 18 x 8" +50mm
  • You are pretty much safe up to around +30mm / +35mm offset, as we have a decent amount of space between the suspension and the wheel hub.
We got a couple of wheel/tire threads on this forum, so you can check out other people's fitments, and some more ideas on wheels and tires.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-setup-on-stock-suspension.20649/
https://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-aftermarket-wheel-tire-set-up.3356/
https://www.civicx.com/threads/aggressive-wheel-fitment-thread.26817/
Probably just gonna go with
18x8.5 +35 advan av06 with stock tires and use the amazon hub rings i linked. Thank you for passing on your knowledge and not belittling me for being a noob and I’ve been looking through that wheel thread for the past two days over two hundred pages of info is a lot to sort through wanted to just double check with some knowledgeable people in my own post before making a decision ! Thanks again

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMO the best color for red is white wheels forsure. On Enkei's website they explain if you want more concave, 9" width shows the most. Granted these arent Enkei's but since 18x9 +35 on stock tires will fit no problem... doesnt hurt to go wider for some extra concave lol. If your car is a 2019 model you wont have to do the "Tab mod" as the 2019 models dont have it. tab mod is just bending in a tab on the front fenders for more clearance. super easy. Even in the future if you decide to lower your car, lowered on d2's springs (lowest drop for si springs)... 18x9 +35 on 235/40/18's (stock tires) you wont rub either.

Good luck on your new setup, and post a pic when you get the wheels on!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
IMO the best color for red is white wheels forsure. On Enkei's website they explain if you want more concave, 9" width shows the most. Granted these arent Enkei's but since 18x9 +35 on stock tires will fit no problem... doesnt hurt to go wider for some extra concave lol. If your car is a 2019 model you wont have to do the "Tab mod" as the 2019 models dont have it. tab mod is just bending in a tab on the front fenders for more clearance. super easy. Even in the future if you decide to lower your car, lowered on d2's springs (lowest drop for si springs)... 18x9 +35 on 235/40/18's (stock tires) you wont rub either.

Good luck on your new setup, and post a pic when you get the wheels on!:thumbsup:
Yes sir it’s a 2019 I’m not a huge fan of white but I definitely would go 18x9 with stock tires if it’s fits !

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
OP
OP
Brock728

Brock728

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on a set, Ended up gettin the av-06 in hyper black 18x8.5 +35 idk why....but I was nervous with going for 18x9 Incase of the wheels being to wide thanks for the help guys.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on a set, Ended up gettin the av-06 in hyper black 18x8.5 +35 idk why....but I was nervous with going for 18x9 Incase of the wheels being to wide thanks for the help guys.
I look forward to seeing how they look on your car.
I too, love the look of the AV-06.