Rain

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hey,

I'm not sure if I am the only one here, but for me it takes a really long time for the rain to fall of the car. It just sticks there for the whole time and doesn't slide down to the road. For other cars the rain instantly falls down to the car then to the ground. Since the rain doesn't just go down, I would have to wait like 2 days for the rain to get dried.

However for the windows it's a different story where it just slides down. But it's interesting to see how that doesn't happen on the other parts.

Thanks.
Sponsored

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say but I think it's that water doesn't bead off the car. If this is the case, it's likely because there isn't any wax or sealant on the car. You can solve this yourself by picking some up and applying it, should make the water removal a bit easier.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
^ I agree. If it's not "beading", you would need to wax your vehicle. When I decided to wash my vehicle 9 days after I bought it, it still beaded when I sprayed it with water - I'm sure it was because the dealership washed and waxed it before I drove it off the lot. My first wash myself, I washed, polished and waxed the vehicle. The next time I do, I would add the sealant (it just didn't come in time in the mail before I decided to wash my vehicle).

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
It could be also that the car is in a flat location. My car is well waxed and beady, but when I pull in after the rain, the little beads of water stay on my car's roof for hours because gravity can't pull them off. In the attached picture, the car has been in the garage for over five hours. With un-waxed cars, the water will often dry off much quicker as it spreads thinner instead of beading up. The poster may actually be used to an un-waxed car.
Honda Civic 10th gen Rain 20160224_193355

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Nice "beadiness", but more importantly, from this angle, NICE clean/organized garage!

It could be also that the car is in a flat location. My car is well waxed and beady, but when I pull in after the rain, the little beads of water stay on my car's roof for hours because gravity can't pull them off. In the attached picture, the car has been in the garage for over five hours. With unwaxed cars, the water will often dry off much quicker as it spreads thinner instead of beading up. He poster may actually be used to an unwaxed car.
20160224_193355.jpg

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Nice "beadiness", but more importantly, from this angle, NICE clean/organized garage!
LoL, thanks! It's a nice sized, but standard 2 car garage that is ALWAYS a garage, but often a wood shop or a stained glass shop. It also stores firewood for emergency use (on those really snowy days when you don't want to go outside to get some) and a bunch of other stuff. It fits my anal personality.

OP
OP
Maheenstar1

Maheenstar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
It could be also that the car is in a flat location. My car is well waxed and beady, but when I pull in after the rain, the little beads of water stay on my car's roof for hours because gravity can't pull them off. In the attached picture, the car has been in the garage for over five hours. With un-waxed cars, the water will often dry off much quicker as it spreads thinner instead of beading up. The poster may actually be used to an un-waxed car.
20160224_193355.jpg
But here's the thing, I have a Highlander next to my Civic and the rain slides of the car onto the ground.
Sponsored