Rain Sensing Wipers are calibrated backwards??? Anyone else with this issue?

Goseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
2018 Civic Touring, I've noticed that the rain sensing wipers seem to behave backwards, is this normal? When it's raining heavy, the wipers will go soooo slow then when the rain stops and it's barely drizzling, it goes apeshit on me and spazzes out. Any fixes or just a shitty system?
Sponsored

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 Civic Touring, I've noticed that the rain sensing wipers seem to behave backwards, is this normal? When it's raining heavy, the wipers will go soooo slow then when the rain stops and it's barely drizzling, it goes apeshit on me and spazzes out. Any fixes or just a shitty system?
Mine were not working when I picked up my 18 Touring Sedan in Oct, took it into the dealership as it is under warranty and it was a quick fix got my car back in 2hrs after a sensor replacement and now they work perfectly.

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
I have the same shit..but i dont think the hi low is wrong..it something else. Maybe the sensor or the speed signal. Becouse its almost works great when you drive the car at first but after i while its fucked up..its really disapointing that honda dont see this problem. They think its all good. But its hard for them to drive around in right sort of rain (light rain)to see the problem..i personoly think its a software problem in body module, thats need an update..but this is up to honda to fix...ive done my homework but cant do no more..

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, it seems to be a software issue. In moderate drizzle, it seems to work OK, and the same at steady speeds. But in very light drizzle, where you want the rain sensing the most, it has trouble. It tends to speed up and go crazy fast wiping when the windshield is basically dry. It also does this when accelerating from a stop.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
That's what they did in 2016 Touring coupe I had. I hated those things. I am glad my 2018 EX-L doesn't have them.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
My 2019 Touring Coupe has this feature, its rained at least four times here in Pa in the three weeks since I took delivery. So far the wipers are work as they should. That being a given, I would have preferred, like the auto hi-beams, a switch position that would allow you to NOT use the auto intemittant function and just have the selectable variable intermittent function like my 16 EX-L. For me, no problem observed, but, should have been selectable. I'd also trade the RH lanewatch camera for blindspot sensing in the mirrors like the Accord, but heck, they DID give us a volume knob!:nixon:

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
Yup, it seems to be a software issue. In moderate drizzle, it seems to work OK, and the same at steady speeds. But in very light drizzle, where you want the rain sensing the most, it has trouble. It tends to speed up and go crazy fast wiping when the windshield is basically dry. It also does this when accelerating from a stop.
Exactly, i going to go to the dealer and really explain this. I have good connection there.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I'd be willing to bet there's a TSB on this issue, a good service dept should be able to resolve this issue quickly, either a cranky sensor or software.

Last edited:

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
I'd be will to bet there's a TSB on this issue, a good service dept should be able to resolve this issue quickly, either a cranky sensor or software.
There is no bullitin on this one..only some that the sensor is not fully mounted or bubbles in the silicone sheet under it. But this is not the issue..software maybe but it must be a newer one. I have the latest

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Mine tends to work perfectly only very rarely would it spaz out with very little rain. I'd like to think the car thinks it can "Dry" the windscreen with the extra fast wiping with little rain. :p:D

CapnCarl

I'm fly, I'm pilot
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I had the same problem on my 2018 sport touring. I disabled it by unplugging the sensor, two fuses, fuses back in, car on, sensor plugged back in. Works just like intermittent wipers now. What a disappointing feature from Honda.

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently had the sensing pad replaced under warranty and it seems to be working properly now. The wipers no longer start swiping fast when there is little rain and seem to swipe properly, when needed. Let's see if the new pad is a permanent fix.
Sponsored