8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
What makes this product better than the factory?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I sort of hope they can come up with some other advantage. I've owned a Honda with 350k miles that still had a perfect condition factory coolant tank.

I think the only real advantage is that it looks cool.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
I think there is some merit to the thermal cycle / cracking concern on our cars with how close the surge tank is to the engine. I’ve had multiple Honda’s in the past with several hundred thousand miles on them as well, but all of them had the surge tank tucked up by the radiator or off to the side. I’m in the market for one of these, and the fact that they look nice is a bonus.

OP
OP

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Got one today, installing tonight.

Honda Civic 10th gen Radium Coolant Tank Kit 2018-10-22%2013.23.03
Image not working for myself

edit: it is working now. Now need to see the contents in the box and then of it installed.

Last edited:

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
honestly, this thing just looks cool and it's cnc machined. That's about it. I've never heard of anyone's expansion tank crack. Given how hot our cars are and all these over heating concerns, there's tons of plastic right next to the turbo. Are we all going to replace those as well? We'll be fine with out any 5 axis(exaggerating) cnc machined expansion tank..lol. Now watch..someone's going to post "i cracked my expansion tank..." :lol:

mgdr4066

FK8 #2527 Upstate
First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
honestly, this thing just looks cool and it's cnc machined. That's about it. I've never heard of anyone's expansion tank crack. Given how hot our cars are and all these over heating concerns, there's tons of plastic right next to the turbo. Are we all going to replace those as well? We'll be fine with out any 5 axis(exaggerating) cnc machined expansion tank..lol. Now watch..someone's going to post "i cracked my expansion tank..." :lol:
LOL I'm just now reading this because I've been noticing type r members cracking their tanks at the Track. haha
Sponsored