First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Rdium catch can installed this weekend! Super easy install,

All you really need is a needle nose pliers, 10mm socket(if you can find yours) flat tip screw driver, and an 18mm wrench!

Honda Civic 10th gen Radium catch can Installed 32389074587_85e53a3e26_k
Untitled by mnachtigal53, on Flickr
Honda Civic 10th gen Radium catch can Installed 47330969771_7395b978df_k

I went with the single PVC catch can because talking to other honda owners the crank case doesn't vent a whole lot and with direct injection I felt it was more important to keep as much oil out of the intake as possible!

Radium makes some if not the best looking, best quality catch cans out there. Check them out!

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Radium catch can Installed D56DABCC-E8BC-4521-94A9-5D8AFE8E162F

just finished installing mines. just saw your video but why didn’t use any locktite on brackets allen bolts and torque spec the green bolts?

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
D56DABCC-E8BC-4521-94A9-5D8AFE8E162F.jpeg

just finished installing mines. just saw your video but why didn’t use any locktite on brackets allen bolts and torque spec the green bolts?

I didn't put it in the video!

I had to undo it after I shot that :p

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
I had dual radium cans in my supercharged lotus, great quality so I also have some ordered for the ctr. Can't wait to see how they perform after engine break in

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
D56DABCC-E8BC-4521-94A9-5D8AFE8E162F.jpeg

Looks good .. Built like a BATTLESHIP !!!

Hope you find it catching more than just a little water !!

How do you check/empty it .. the allen screws on the top ??

Had my Mishimoto catch can fitted for 6 months now .. and all it has collected is about 1/8 teaspoon of water . Oh well, better than being filled up with oil !!!

flipnrr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r - 2004 S2000
Country flag
Looks good .. Built like a BATTLESHIP !!!

Hope you find it catching more than just a little water !!

How do you check/empty it .. the allen screws on the top ??

Had my Mishimoto catch can fitted for 6 months now .. and all it has collected is about 1/8 teaspoon of water . Oh well, better than being filled up with oil !!!
thanks. just installed it yesterday so will see what it’ll pick up. to check and drain? it has a dipstick on top and you can unscrew half of the can to drain.

it actually have an optional part like a valve you can get for the bottom so you can drain it from there but its an easy access so it wasn’t necessary.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
thanks. just installed it yesterday so will see what it’ll pick up. to check and drain? it has a dipstick on top and you can unscrew half of the can to drain.

it actually have an optional part like a valve you can get for the bottom so you can drain it from there but its an easy access so it wasn’t necessary.
Mine , the main body of the can unscrews from the top, (with a very fine thread .. takes quite a few turns) .. but since it does not seem to fill up with anything much, it's not a big maintenance item.
The bright BLUE hoses do look cool... so even if it does not do very much, it sure looks good !!

BUT ---

I am beginning to think that there is something very strange with my 2018 si, - it does not seem to NOT work like so many others !!

(a) No OD .. Oil level remains exactly the same, month after month, at the MAX line. (Initially at purchase time, it was overfilled, so I sucked oil out till it was exactly at the Max line)

(b) Battery always starts the engine.. no issues.

(c) Radio (Premium Audio system) works Flawlessly.. Never disconnect the Bluetooth, everything works like it should. No Glitches, Music plays fine..( all the hidden menus screens work !!!)

(d) Engine heats up very quickly -- within 2 miles, the A/C is blowing out plenty of heat (or cold idf set to cold) ( has NOT had OD update done)

(e) Honda Indirect TMPS never alarms, and I know my Tires are always OK, as I have fitted an aftermarket Direct TPMS, which monitors Pressures and Temperatures in Real Time, and displays their values.

(f) No strange noise, rattles or thumps.

(g) No 2nd Gear issues.

(h) No smell of gas or Rotten Eggs in the passenger compartment.

(g) Clutch is fine (well, it was a great "Feel", but once you get used to it, its OK)

(i) Everything works as it should, and has from the day we drove it off the Dealer's Lot.

So what is the secret ???

I strongly believe that the reason we have no problems with the Car, is because after we drove the car off the Dealer's Lot, (with 15 miles on the Odometer from our test drive) the Dealer has NEVER touched the car again, to screw anything up !!!

( I didn't even let the Dealer put the Registration plates on the car ... I did that myself, at the Dealership, in front of the Sales person, before we drove away. :drive:) A little extreme maybe .. but well worth it !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey everyone just a quick update!

After about 5000 miles and 3 autocrosses I checked the catch can. I was surprised how little was in there but also there was a decent amount. I should have taken vieo and the next time i check it i will but there was maybe a 1/4" in the bottom of the raduim PVC catch can!

Note: one thing i would suggest is spending a little extra getting their drain system. that way you dont have to play cirque du soleil getting the bottom out of it. Its actutally easy to reach, no issues there but trying to spin it off and on and be a little tricky.

Dirty_panda

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Rdium catch can installed this weekend! Super easy install,

All you really need is a needle nose pliers, 10mm socket(if you can find yours) flat tip screw driver, and an 18mm wrench!

32389074587_85e53a3e26_k.jpg
47330969771_7395b978df_k.jpg

I went with the single PVC catch can because talking to other honda owners the crank case doesn't vent a whole lot and with direct injection I felt it was more important to keep as much oil out of the intake as possible!

Radium makes some if not the best looking, best quality catch cans out there. Check them out!
How did you get the rubber hose onto the metal 90 degree metal tube?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Linwozzle

First Name
Linden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CBP CTR, 05 Lotus Elise, 94 Miata
Country flag
Anyone couple this catch can with the PRL flex fuel kit?
I did. I had to bend the catch can bracket and relocate.

Nevermind, that was with the sirimoto flex fuel kit