Radio not working after window tinting

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
So I dropped car off to have windows tinted. When I got in and left there is no sound. The interface screen seems to be working just fine. When I plug my phone in it doesn’t transfer to car speaker mode either.
Window tint guy says he has no idea

It’s a 2017 hatchback sport touring

Does anyone have any idea? I have done a radio reboot by holding down the power button on the interface screen
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So I dropped car off to have windows tinted. When I got in and left there is no sound. The interface screen seems to be working just fine. When I plug my phone in it doesn’t transfer to car speaker mode either.
Window tint guy says he has no idea

It’s a 2017 hatchback sport touring

Does anyone have any idea? I have done a radio reboot by holding down the power button on the interface screen
Try with all the doors open ... if it works with all doors open, but stops when all doors closed, it's most likely the tinting .. but that really does not make any sense, as the antenna for the radios is on the roof.
At least it will eliminate the TINT itself.

Remember, when the tint is applied to the inside windows, there is a lot of water involved, that can get into a lot of internal places where it should not.

If you have the 500W Audio system, there is an Amplifier, that is mounted ??? (Maybe down in the right area where the passengers feet are ??). That could have got wet.
Check Fuses.

A lot depends on if you have the 500W Infotainment center with the external amp, or the 200W one, where the amps for the speakers are in the actual head unit.

My guess.. a blown fuse due to water...

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The antenna cable runs under the passenger side headliner around the windows.

Pulling on/removing trim or inserting tools around the window could potentially disconnect this?

I don't think car window tint is going to block FM/AM radio reception. It's meant for a car, after all. It's sometimes been an issue with aftermarket alarms or radar detectors but I haven't heard about these issues in many years.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
It is not only about radio ; "When I plug my phone in it doesn’t transfer to car speaker mode either."

Scopeseys write ; "Remember, when the tint is applied to the inside windows, there is a lot of water involved, that can get into a lot of internal places where it should not. "

IMO, window tint guy says not the truth. Water go in electronic.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Radio works. It just won’t play sound. Just like when I plug phone in to make a call over the speakers. It won’t even hook up
It won’t olay songs from my phone either.

So everything works. Just won’t put out any sound

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
Radio works. It just won’t play sound. Just like when I plug phone in to make a call over the speakers. It won’t even hook up
It won’t olay songs from my phone either.

So everything works. Just won’t put out any sound
Sounds like it's been muted.

OP
OP

Cartman417

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes C43
Country flag
Guys just watched a video about it. If it was muted as soon as I hit volume up it would’ve started playing music. Correct?
Mine does not

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Just take it to the dealership. That’s what I’d do if I couldn’t figure it.
It’s still under warranty I’m guessing?