Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find

Did your Dealer give you your Radio Password

• Yes, they gave it to me, and told me what it was.

• No, they never even mentioned it

• No, but I found it in the documentation

• No, but I found it in the Glove Compartment

• No, do I need it ??

• No, I don't need it because I will let the Dealer take care any Radio Password Issues

Results are only viewable after voting.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
My 2018 SI did not have the code in the glove compartment either, although the manual indicated it should be there.
Unless the Dealer has a record of the Radio serial number or it's password (doubtfull), they might need to remove the radio to get to the serial number printed on the unit .. something you do not want to attempt yourself unless you know better.

(The Dealer may have a way to get the Code from Honda, with just the VIN #, but the owner does not have that ability, (nor does a Thief - hopefully)

When the Radio was working, It is possible to get it to display it's serial number.

For those that do not know their code, and cannot find it in their glove compartment, or in any of the car's documentation, it might be worth their time to make sure they get that serial number, and thereafter the Code, so that if this happens to them, it's a VERY easy thing to just enter the code themselves.

SO, Here is now to get the Serial Number of a working radio, WITHOUT having to remove the radio, to read the serial number on the Label.

Strongly recommend you keep this information safe, and NOT in the Glove Box !!
The Glove Box really defeats the whole Anti-Thief- security process !!! :doh:

WARNING: The serial number can be found behind some Hidden Menus.
These are Hidden for a reason -- if the owner goes into these setting, and by mistake changes certain options, they can screw up/lock up/stop the radio from working.

BE VERY CAREFUL.
The procedure below is SAFE, of you following it EXACTLY, because you are only viewing information.
If you try to access any other option on these secret Menu screens, you stand the risk of doing some severe damage, and even your Dealer probably cannot correct what you have messed up.
IF you mess this up, after this warning, I take no responsibility for what problem you might create.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Step 1:
(2018) Starting from the HOME screen, press the following 3 buttons for about 5 seconds, until you get the 1st Hidden menu Screen
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio-Serial-1a

(2019) Starting from the HOME screen, press the following 3 buttons for about 5 seconds, until you get the 1st Hidden menu Screen

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio-Serial-1b

Step 2: When viewing this 1st Hidden Menu screen, select (Touch) the Lower 1/2 of the screen.
(Detail Information and Settings)
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio_Serial-2

Step 3.
Select UNIT CHECK
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio_Serial-3

Step 4:
Select HMI Unit
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio_Serial-4a

Step 5

View the Serial Number and make a note of it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Radio_Serial-4

Note: I have Photo-shopped out the last 4 characters of my Serial # (Paranoid !!)

Step 6.
Use the RETURN button on the TOP Right, to step back, all the way back to the original HOME screen.
(You need to press RETURNs, you cannot just select the HOME Button on the unit)

Once again:
If you go into any other options and you are not 100% sure what you are doing, you can screw things up, even by just ENTERING those options !!! ie CAMERA CALIBRATION !!! do not enter !!!!

Now you have the Radio SERIAL NUMBER, and you know your own Vin # (see your Registration, Insurance card etc), you can go to the Honda website, and enter those 2 pieces of information, and it will return you your RADIO CODE #

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find Honda_webpage

You only need enter the Vin# & the Serial Number.
If you are concerned about giving phone number/email/zip etc, just put in made up ones. !!!
You will get your Code on the Webpage, (no need to get it via an email, + masses of junk mail !! )

Note:
This assumes it is the Original factory Radio, that was installed into the car at the factory.
If it is a replacement, you will need to get your Dealer to help you get the code.

PLEASE: Be careful to follow these instructions precisely !!!

Last edited:

MrWaYne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5L CVT Sport Plus
Country flag
do i need this radio code, after i disconnected the battery for a short time?
afaik it "detects" the code automatically, right?

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
do i need this radio code, after i disconnected the battery for a short time?
afaik it "detects" the code automatically, right?
That is not made clear in any Honda Documentation I have read.
One would HOPE it should :dunno:
But it does not hurt to have the code, just in case...

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Any idea how to do this on a 2019?

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any idea how to do this on a 2019?
Probably exactly the same .. give it a try -

I do not believe they changed the access method to that 1st Hidden menu.

Let us all know please ...

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Probably exactly the same .. give it a try -

I do not believe they changed the access method to that 1st Hidden menu.

Let us all know please ...
Step one does not work for me on my 2019.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Appreciate you checking .. Honda must have changed the way to get to that 1st Hidden Menu screen .. How Lame !!

There must be a way to get to that screen, it's what any Dealer's Techs need to use to get to the Diagnostic Screens .. and now it's almost 3 months into 2019, someone outside the Dealerships, must have found it by now !!

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Updated original Post to Include both 2018 & 2019 Hidden Menus codes.

(Not able to try the 2019 .. please someone let me know if it does not work !!!)

Note: If it does work .. this may be the 1st time the 2019 info has been posted on the Internet !!!, (at least on this forum !!!)

UPDATE: April 3,2019:

Confirmed to be working by 2019 Owner
(Should be, it came straight form the Horses Mouth)
:coffee:

Last edited:

CivicBuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EXT/HS, 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Country flag
Just curious if those who have SiriusXM, do they have the serial documented? I will pay more attention when my next marketing mail arrives.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious if those who have SiriusXM, do they have the serial documented? I will pay more attention when my next marketing mail arrives.
Good point If you do have SIrius-XM, you probably have a stream of Junk Mail from them, with OFFERS to subscribe !!

The only way I found to stop them, is to call them and tell them I sold the car !!!
Then the Junk Mail actually stopped -- I was surprised !!

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Updated original Post to Include both 2018 & 2019 Hidden Menus codes.
(Not able to try the 2019 .. please someone let me know if it does not work !!!)
It worked perfectly for me just now. And I thank you kindly for the information.

Now... off to the Honda website.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It worked perfectly for me just now. And I thank you kindly for the information.

Now... off to the Honda website.
Ugh... first time driving since doing the above and I have all the dreaded system warning malfunctions: LKAS, Brake System, Collision Avoidance. I carefully 'returned' out of each page.

Is there a re-calibrate thingy that I need to do?

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh... first time driving since doing the above and I have all the dreaded system warning malfunctions: LKAS, Brake System, Collision Avoidance. I carefully 'returned' out of each page.

Is there a re-calibrate thingy that I need to do?

You got the serial number days ago. Your current problem have nothing to do with having accessed that menu... you are not the 1st to get the ALL warnings error, and those people that did, did not go to that Menu page.

Nothing to do with having accessed that menu pages on the Radio Unit.

If it does not reset by itself, you will probably need to get your :bow:DEALER
Honda Civic 10th gen Radio Code / Serial # - How to Find worship2
to track down what the real problem is.
There is no way the dealer can tell you looked at that menu item, so you would be advised not to mention it to them :dunno:

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You got the serial number days ago. Your current problem have nothing to do with having accessed that menu... you are not the 1st to get the ALL warnings error, and those people that did, did not go to that Menu page.

Nothing to do with having accessed that menu pages on the Radio Unit.

:dunno:
Copy that. However... today is actually the first time I've started the car since accessing the menu.

Not complaining. Just a general warning if it's a cause/effect thing.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Copy that. However... today is actually the first time I've started the car since accessing the menu.

Not complaining. Just a general warning if it's a cause/effect thing.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.
Hey man, I'm real sorry to hear you are having an issue, but I assure you, that accessing that menus, cannot be the cause of your current condition.
Are you sure that you didn't do anything else to the car after getting the serial number. ?

I have 3 head units that I am working with outside of the car, as well as the one installed in the car.
I am accessing this hidden menu all the time, and NEVER have any issues like the one you describe.

In your case, it MUST just be an Unfortunate co-incidence.

Be sure to let me know the outcome please....
Sponsored