First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After 3,000 miles, 3 track events and 3 autox events my stock Brembos are toast (they held up surprisingly well!) and I am seeking replacement front brake pads. I was going to go with Winmax W4 as I also street drive the car while attending autox/track events but was given a trial offer of these R1 Concepts Performance Brake Pads and R1 Carbon GEOMET Drilled Rotors. My question is, has anyone attended an open track event with these pads? I reached out to R1 and they stated the pads are equivalent to a Hawk HPS pad, but out performs stock with a heat rating of 500 - 700 degrees Celsius (I believe the stock Brembos are 600^c)

I don't think these pads have the bite I am looking for, but I am willing to try them out. My only fear is losing my braking abilities at a high speed (minor issue, right?) for Google search after Google search I am unable to find much information on these pads and zero feedback from anyone who has used and abused them on a track setting.

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Performance Brake Pads? 2019-06-20_8-04-26

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concepts Performance Brake Pads? 2019-06-20_8-28-41

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have experience with the performance series, but I just installed the Ceramic pads on my CTR this past weekend.

Similar story, I couldn't find ANY information or really any reviews on these pads outside of some youtube reviews on domestics. But so far, I'm liking the quality, and the price was really good as well.
I'm not tracking, so just wanted low noise, and low dust. And I'm happy with the results so far. The bite is not as strong as the stock brembo's(as expected) but still very good, as proven the other day on the highway where I had to slam on the brakes (everyone in front of me had to swerve to the shoulder) but my car stopped fast and short fine :)