R1 Concept Big Brake Kit (Including Rear E-Brake)

jonny7isa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si FG2/2017 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
R1Concepts Big Brake Kit
(Including the rear electronic brake)
I can't believe this is the World's First FK8 R1 Concept Big Brake Kit! I went with an Anodized Yellow color, very similar to the Hybrid Short Shifter color in my opinion. Stands out, giving it a different look to the red Brembo's. Very happy with the stopping power these provide now! Stay Tuned for more content as SEMA is approaching! :headbang:

Front Specs:
6 Piston Caliper
14in Rotor

As many have done the front BBK with various different companies, these where simply straight forward install.
  • Taking off Brambo Caliper
  • Removing Rotor Screw
  • Removing Stock rotor
  • Installing new rotor
  • Installing new caliper
  • Of course, the bleeding of the brakes with the new brake lines

Rear Specs:
4 Piston Caliper w/ Electronic E-Brake
14in Rotor

Rear is sort of similar. Its a must (at least for R1 Concept BBK) to remove the dust shield. The Electronic E-brake module is a whole other conversation. But straight forward as well. Need to remove the module from the stock set up and install onto the set braking set up.

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concept Big Brake Kit (Including Rear E-Brake) Image from iOS (2)

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concept Big Brake Kit (Including Rear E-Brake) Image from iOS (3)

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concept Big Brake Kit (Including Rear E-Brake) Image from iOS (4)

Honda Civic 10th gen R1 Concept Big Brake Kit (Including Rear E-Brake) Image from iOS (5)

OP
OP
jonny7isa

jonny7isa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much larger are the rotors than oem? What braking distance changes did you get?
Not sure of the stock rotor sizing. I can check when I get home and compare Front and Rear.

As in for braking distance, I can definitely feel the braking power. But I never did any kind of testing with measurements, so my testing data would be unreliable as I didn't do any with stock braking.

Adding the extra pistons to the Front and Rear makes a difference in feel. Track performance is yet to be determined

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Did you change your booster and master cylinder to match the change in pistons?

Any change in prop valve?

Was there a percentage change in piston surface area between front and rear to the oem?

OP
OP
jonny7isa

jonny7isa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you change your booster and master cylinder to match the change in pistons?

Any change in prop valve?

Was there a percentage change in piston surface area between front and rear to the oem?
No chance in that. Only change was the brake lines and brake fluid to keep up with the high temps for the brakes. There was like a 15% increase of surface area in the change in piston

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jealous :cry:

Hope they bring out a compatible kit for the Si and other model Civics.