Quoted $150 to wrap door trim

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
The detailing shop that tinted my windows, quoted me $150 to install glossy black vinyl wrap on the door trim. I could get a roll for $12 online and try it myself. Is it difficult for a 1st timer, that's never wrapped?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Door trim mean the chrome at the top or does that include the pillars as well?

OP
OP
Hondaman_MI

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Door trim mean the chrome at the top or does that include the pillars as well?
Chrome along the top, not the pillars. My exterior pillar overlays are still holding up well.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Peanuts

The Flying Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the Kool tint kit on eBay and it turned out fine. It's relatively easy to do, just go slow.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely don't pay for that! Two options I suggest, A, wrap it yourself for $11. It's not that difficult and you'll get plenty of scrap vinyl in a 5 foot roll to practice. It's a little tricky at first, but if I can do it to my whole car with NO prior wrapping experience, so can you. Option B, plasti-dip them. I plasti-dipped all the chrome off my car, super easy, cheap, and still looks really good (at least in my opinion), all you have to worry about is masking the parts you don't want sprayed. But yes, definitely do it yourself for 10 bucks or so. Good luck!

Honda Civic 10th gen Quoted $150 to wrap door trim 20190106_165746

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Hondaman_MI

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks guys, I bought the kooltint wrap. Might have to wait until spring to apply, it's cold af out. I'd like to chrome delete the grill, but I'll have to do that when the wife's not home. She loves chrome apparently....maybe it reminds her of all the shiny jewelry she has. I don't hate chrome but I'd like a more aggressive appearance, and adding more black to my already black car does that.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys, I bought the kooltint wrap. Might have to wait until spring to apply, it's cold af out. I'd like to chrome delete the grill, but I'll have to do that when the wife's not home. She loves chrome apparently....maybe it reminds her of all the shiny jewelry she has. I don't hate chrome but I'd like a more aggressive appearance, and adding more black to my already black car does that.
Tried wrapping the grille myself. It's a real pain with the curves and all. Ended up just buying an OEM black grille.:)

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely agree! For something that complicated of geometry, how prevalent it is on the car, and with no prior wrapping experience I would not recommend trying to wrap it. I would recommend either buying a new one and replacing it...though that could cost a bit. Or, just plasti-dip it. Did it to mine and looks great and is super easy. Just my two cents, cheers!

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got the chrome on the front grill wrapped today, paid $150Cdn for it but looks absolutely perfect and didn't want to attempt myself and not be happy with the end result so might have been pricey but from what I hear its not an easy DIY and as long as I am satisfied thats what counts, and indeed I am. Will post pics tomorrow as its too dark right now.

Markerbomb808

KnightRiderSi808
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Man...I just got quoted $750 for the trim around the window and a front lip...they said it took a long time to wrap a front lip

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Definitely don't pay for that! Two options I suggest, A, wrap it yourself for $11. It's not that difficult and you'll get plenty of scrap vinyl in a 5 foot roll to practice. It's a little tricky at first, but if I can do it to my whole car with NO prior wrapping experience, so can you. Option B, plasti-dip them. I plasti-dipped all the chrome off my car, super easy, cheap, and still looks really good (at least in my opinion), all you have to worry about is masking the parts you don't want sprayed. But yes, definitely do it yourself for 10 bucks or so. Good luck!

20190106_165746.jpg
Hi, sorry, few questions:
Interested in wrapping my on Si, I have a coupe, will 5x60ft be enough? Would I have room to errors or is it do or die? What tools did you use, and what did you refer to as a tutorial? Thanks.