imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just installed the q300 on my fk7 today. I'll do a longer clip but wanted to do a quick recording so I could hear it. Hard to get a good listen when i'm driving it around haha.

Only mods are a Mishimoto intake and Ktuner v2 21 PSI map. Stock cat is still on.

01/14/19 Issue:
So doing a full throttle pull onto the freeway, starting at about 2500 rpm and up, there's a fairly loud whining/whisteling noise. The car kinda sounds like it's supercharged and I never noticed any type of whine until the exhaust was installed. I've emailed Invidia to find out if this is a known issue or not.

01/15/19 Reply from Invidia:
Gordon from Invidia replied to my email. He was vague but stated that replacement mufflers would be available in 3-4 weeks and that he'd contact me when they came in. Also informed me that they would swap the muffler for me. Kind of annoyed right now after paying nearly $700 for the exhaust.

Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice, how loud is it compared to other aftermarket exhausts you've heard on this platform, if any?

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice, how loud is it compared to other aftermarket exhausts you've heard on this platform, if any?
It sounds slightly on par with the Greddy. I haven't had much time with it and it hasn't broken in yet so the sound should change. I really enjoy it but I was actually surprised it wasn't louder. It's really hard to tell in all these videos I realized. I'm going to try and get my hands on a db meter and do a proper test. Starting to feel like every exhaust video should have that type of information since a basic free db app is easily downloadable off any app store.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you paired it with a catless downpipe? Thats where the real sound comes out

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
01/15/19 Reply from Invidia:
Gordon from Invidia replied to my email. He was vague but stated that replacement mufflers would be available in 3-4 weeks and that he'd contact me when they came in. Also informed me that they would swap the muffler for me. Kind of annoyed right now after paying nearly $700 for the exhaust.
Any update after this? I've seen a lot of people with this problem, but zero follow up after the replacements were sent out.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you paired it with a catless downpipe? Thats where the real sound comes out
Running it with the RV6 catless DP and UP. Sounds AWESOME.

Any update after this? I've seen a lot of people with this problem, but zero follow up after the replacements were sent out.
No issues with the replacement. Love the sound.

Here's some dashcam audio during some canyon driving this past weekend.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It sounds perfect! Not much drone!

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Sounds amazing. Thank you. I wish everyone would post a video just like this to showcase new exhausts. I just want something louder than stock but not obnoxious and this seems like a good fit.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds amazing. Thank you. I wish everyone would post a video just like this to showcase new exhausts. I just want something louder than stock but not obnoxious and this seems like a good fit.
It's definitely loud with the downpipe, especially catless. I almost wish I went catted but it just sounds so good wot! The dash cam audio definitely doesn't capture the actual sounds of the exhaust.

Here's a vid when the I was still catted. It's louder than it seems in the video. With the DP it just got a lot deeper and louder.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's definitely loud with the downpipe, especially catless. I almost wish I went catted but it just sounds so good wot!
Yeah I'm in the market for a DP/FP and catback exhaust. I want a catted DP for emissions and such, but I want a catless for the sound and flow. I know I'd be happier with a catless one, but I'm not down to swap it out every time I have to go for inspection. It's just a bummer how expensive the catted ones are.

I also don't want it to be too loud, so maybe a catted DP and a decent exhaust is the right formula for me lol. Ugh, it's a tricky game, exhaust systems.

OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I'm in the market for a DP/FP and catback exhaust. I want a catted DP for emissions and such, but I want a catless for the sound and flow. I know I'd be happier with a catless one, but I'm not down to swap it out every time I have to go for inspection. It's just a bummer how expensive the catted ones are.

I also don't want it to be too loud, so maybe a catted DP and a decent exhaust is the right formula for me lol. Ugh, it's a tricky game, exhaust systems.
I'm planning on just adding a resonator which should quiet the exhaust down a lot. Going to just weld it straight onto the stock up pipe and swap it out whenever I track. Easier than dealing with the DP lol.

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
I'm planning on just adding a resonator which should quiet the exhaust down a lot. Going to just weld it straight onto the stock up pipe and swap it out whenever I track. Easier than dealing with the DP lol.
All future orders should be free of any whistling noise correct? Or will I have to contact invidia upon receiving my catback. Also will the exhaust throw a cel code?

Last edited:
OP
OP
imcrspy

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All future orders should be free of any whistling noise correct? Or will I have to contact invidia upon receiving my catback. Also will the exhaust throw a cel code?
All current and future exhausts are free of whistling noise. It was confirmed that it was a design flaw which was fixed. As far as I know everyone with the issue that contacted Invidia has had issues resolved already. The guys are cool AF. And a catback (which the Q300 is) will not throw a cel. It does nothing but make your exhaust a bit louder. There are no performance gains as far as I know.

GrimSi710

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Civic Economy, 05 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
All current and future exhausts are free of whistling noise. It was confirmed that it was a design flaw which was fixed. As far as I know everyone with the issue that contacted Invidia has had issues resolved already. The guys are cool AF. And a catback (which the Q300 is) will not throw a cel. It does nothing but make your exhaust a bit louder. There are no performance gains as far as I know.
Thank you for your valuable feedback!
Sponsored