Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
When doing a muffler delete or placing a single muffler on the car are you moving or somehow replacing the heat shields ? My concern is that once the mufflers are gone or replaced by an exhaust such as Borla the heat shields are no longer protecting the area they were designed to protect. Could this a problem not having the heat shield protection ?
Sponsored

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I believe the heat shields are bolted to the actual car itself, so modifying the exhaust wont actually touch them. I have seen that some exhaust though, you have to modify the heat shield a bit by just bending a piece of it back a little that might be close to the aftermarket pipe.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If you are going to replace the OEM with an aftermarket exhaust, I would stick with one that is specifically designed to use the heat shields. I am not sure if the one that uses the single muffler uses the heat shields

Honda Civic 10th gen Quick exhaust question Takedainstall3.JPG

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When doing a muffler delete or placing a single muffler on the car are you moving or somehow replacing the heat shields ? My concern is that once the mufflers are gone or replaced by an exhaust such as Borla the heat shields are no longer protecting the area they were designed to protect. Could this a problem not having the heat shield protection ?
...didn’t you kind of shit on some of us for wanting to purchase the $1200 Borla exhaust system? Not trying to start an argument or nothing but I’m very curious if you’ve changed your mind or something.

OP
OP

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
...didn’t you kind of shit on some of us for wanting to purchase the $1200 Borla exhaust system? Not trying to start an argument or nothing but I’m very curious if you’ve changed your mind or something.
Well, certainly didn't want to "shit on" anyone for their choices in modifications, just wondering what the attraction to an increase in decibels is. If you want to spend $1200 on a new exhaust system , go for it. Harley riders say loud pipes save lives but the national statistics prove that wrong.
I am now only trying to address a safety issue regarding the heat shields between the exhaust and car body. From what I have seen and read it appears that not much thought has been given to this potential problem. I would hate to see someone not take note of the heat shield while doing a modified exhaust and have to battle an insurance company in court for not allowing a claim.
No arguments from me -- your car, your money.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to a single muffler system. I removed the two outer heat shields so they wouldn’t rattle over time. There haven’t been any heat issues from the single muffler.

OP
OP

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I went to a single muffler system. I removed the two outer heat shields so they wouldn’t rattle over time. There haven’t been any heat issues from the single muffler.
Thank you for a direct answer to my question.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
nah that was me. hdmi tip so damn ugly.
Sponsored