SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
Does anyone know why there's multiple targets in the idle tables? Just curious if I have to change all the targets or just the first one. Also can I adjust the idle on the TSP stage 1 tune? It doesn't seem so.
Sponsored

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread: so when you say "change them under normal", is this before I upload the tune? Or is this part of the tune itself? I have the TSP Stage 2 (flex fuel) tune, and I have an issue with my car; I need to raise my idle to 1050-1100 or so to see if my hunch is correct.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I mean... I appreciate you, but I already knew that lol. That's my fault, I wasn't specific enough :/ I specifically mean with the TSP (or any other tune that appears to have it locked). I have already reached out to @Two Step Performance in the hopes they can help. I really love my Stage 2 tune, but I'm having an issue that I cannot diagnose without raising my RPM, and I cannot rule out that the Flex Fuel mod is a source of the issue until I can do so.

(I don't even really need the option to raise it at will although that would be nice... Just having a new tune with the RPM target at idle being 950 to 1100 would be enough).

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I mean... I appreciate you, but I already knew that lol. That's my fault, I wasn't specific enough :/ I specifically mean with the TSP (or any other tune that appears to have it locked). I have already reached out to @Two Step Performance in the hopes they can help. I really love my Stage 2 tune, but I'm having an issue that I cannot diagnose without raising my RPM, and I cannot rule out that the Flex Fuel mod is a source of the issue until I can do so.

(I don't even really need the option to raise it at will although that would be nice... Just having a new tune with the RPM target at idle being 950 to 1100 would be enough).
Sorry! I use to deal with less experienced users hehe Tho, you can use the base tune as an alternative to check. What is the problem if you don't mind?

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry! I use to deal with less experienced users hehe Tho, you can use the base tune as an alternative to check. What is the problem if you don't mind?
It's a long story, but it began with my exhaust and downpipe install. My engine immediately began smoking. I've been trying to diagnose the issue and I suspect that a lack of back pressure due to the larger exhaust (PRL Catted downpipe and a 3" AWE exhaust) + enough blow by (I do not have an oil catch can) is causing oil to burn in the turbo, and it smokes, but only after high boost and only after long drives.

The car runs fine in every other way. There are zero symptoms outside of the smoking. When I raise my idle 200-300 RPM the issue goes away (seconding my suspicion that my back pressure is causing it; I manually raise the idle by giving it more throttle and boom, the smoking stops!).

I've already got another thread to talk about this issue, but TL;DR I'd like to drive the car with higher idle for a few days to see if the car smokes at all. If it stops, then I think my suspicions are correct and I may try a PCV valve delete + catch can to see if that resolves my issue.

Last edited:

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
(and since I added my Stage 2 tune at the same time, I'd like to keep the tune on during this process so I can rule it out. I did my flex fuel install and tune the same day as my exhaust install)
Sponsored