Questions about pre-ordering a Civic

Dularn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Country flag
As of the 2019 models and later, a Civic Sedan or Coupe with the 6 speed in LX trim is only available in four colors (black, gray, silver and white). Would it be possible to order one through the dealer with a different color that is not standard (rallye red or aegean blue for example). I realize more of these colors are available with the Sport trim and higher, but the LX is free of the push start button/smart entry walk away auto lock technology. (They’re also available if equipped with the CVT trans, but to heck with that).

And please forgive if this seems like a dumb question; I’ve never purchased (much less ordered) through a dealership. I actually bought my current vehicle from a family member years ago and have been driving it ever since.
Sponsored

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
You will get better information by asking a dealer these questions.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
You will not be able to special order a color. Honda builds these cars on spec if you will, not special order. To much variety (ie cost) to do so. You don't want one of the 4-5 drab colors the base model comes in, then you would need to choose a different trim level. You could have the job vinyl wrapped if you wanted to change its appearance post purchase. Otherwise, you are stuck with what the factory offers, even if the color you want IS a color they offer on other trim levels.

IIRC, Porsche, for instance, does make "Paint to sample" an option. Depending on the color and paint availability, its a $11K option on a new 911 ;)
Sponsored