First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic hatchback
Country flag
Hey everyone
I'm looking to modify my 2020 civic hatchback sport. Im considering installing the type r front and rear bumpers. Im wondering if anyone has experience doing this. I notice that the type r and hatchback has some differences. What I looking to find out here is do I need to replace the fenders and side skirts? What all is involved in converting the front and rear bumper to type r style??

Any help greatly appreciated
Thank you
Sponsored

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm sorry I can't answer your questions directly, but I know that the chassis for the hatchback is FK7 and the CTR is FK8, they're nearly identical and many of the appearance mods for the CTR also fit on the normal hatchback. You should check out the college hills honda website, I've heard they do the best job of checking compatibility and giving install instructions.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
There is a type r replica front bumper kit that is meant for the narrower body civics, so you wouldn’t need wider fenders. That’s the easiest way to get the Type R look.

You could also get full type r everything but I’m pretty sure it’s not cost effective as it would probably Include new bumpers, front fenders, rear fender extensions, and sideskirts. Plus paint. And that’s assuming the hard points on the chassis where they attach to are the same for the Type R as they are for your car. FK7 hatch, fairly likely, coupe and sedan,even less so.
Sponsored