Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
  • Banned
ive mentioned before that i had a ktuner.a few years ago but i forgot a lot about it. i am looking to buy another 1 and wanted to know a few things:

- is there a stock equivalent option like hondata fp has where i can still add a few features like no lift shift, improved throttle response, etc to a stock boost tune?

- has anyone checked to see where their fuel trims are and afr on the ktuner off the shelf basemaps?
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive mentioned before that i had a ktuner.a few years ago but i forgot a lot about it. i am looking to buy another 1 and wanted to know a few things:

- is there a stock equivalent option like hondata fp has where i can still add a few features like no lift shift, improved throttle response, etc to a stock boost tune?
Yes

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Use a Starter tune and just choose a near stock boost target. Then simply add the driveability options you want like better throttle response etc...

I've had Hondata and KTuner. KTuner wins in terms of easy to adjust driveability options.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Buy your Ktuner from Two Step Performance and you will get their TSP Stage 1 tune with it. Map 1 is pretty much factory with a few enhancements. I think they enhance throttle response a bit. Boost is factory set

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
  • Banned
Buy your Ktuner from Two Step Performance and you will get their TSP Stage 1 tune with it. Map 1 is pretty much factory with a few enhancements. I think they enhance throttle response a bit. Boost is factory set
did you say when you flashed back to stock before you sold your si that the stock tune felt a lot smoother for you if i recall?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did you say when you flashed back to stock before you sold your si that the stock tune felt a lot smoother for you if i recall?
I would say the feeling of flashing back was more nostalgic, and I would use the word more "natural" feeling. I would have to rev the car out more to get the same performance, which feels good. The performance was better when tuned and using the higher maps, but stock felt more natural as you had to push it more. I hope that made sense. I would keep the car the tuned though if I still owned it, as the extra performance out of it came in handy

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I would say the feeling of flashing back was more nostalgic, and I would use the word more "natural" feeling. I would have to rev the car out more to get the same performance, which feels good. The performance was better when tuned and using the higher maps, but stock felt more natural as you had to push it more. I hope that made sense. I would keep the car the tuned though if I still owned it, as the extra performance out of it came in handy
well of course the tune had more power, but i just recalled u saying that it felt smoother or better in some way, not necessarily power.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well of course the tune had more power, but i just recalled u saying that it felt smoother or better in some way, not necessarily power.
When power is delivered more naturally, it does come in more smoothly, so that would be correct

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it definitely could.
I just corrected my last post:

When power is delivered more naturally, it does come in more smoothly, so that would be correct

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I just corrected my last post:

its all good. i actually like the way the stock tune feels most of the time. however sonetimes it feels like it hauls ass and other times it feels like it lost 15 hp. very stange. my 2017 did this as well. i think its just a weird quirk with this engine. when it feels like it hauls ass tho it is a great feeling.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The fantastic thing about the way Derek has tuned the TSP Stage 1 is how smooth it feels at lower rpm. And the throttle response is so linear. Put your foot into it deeply and she scoots like a bat out of hell.

Sometimes the base KTuner tunes (with improved/aggressive quick adjustments) felt a bit too jumpy down low and felt a little lacking up top by comparison.

Honda_RacerX...

That inconsistency you're taking about is mostly just the nature of the turbo engine. Performance can vary wildly depending on ambient temps and humidity and such.

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The fantastic thing about the way Derek has tuned the TSP Stage 1 is how smooth it feels at lower rpm. And the throttle response is so linear. Put your foot into it deeply and she scoots like a bat out of hell.

Sometimes the base KTuner tunes (with improved/aggressive quick adjustments) felt a bit too jumpy down low and felt a little lacking up top by comparison.
too much low end torque with power in all at once early can be bad for engine.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
its all good. i actually like the way the stock tune feels most of the time. however sonetimes it feels like it hauls ass and other times it feels like it lost 15 hp. very stange. my 2017 did this as well. i think its just a weird quirk with this engine. when it feels like it hauls ass tho it is a great feeling.
It is a moody car. Because it's a smaller turbo charged engine, depending on ambient temps, humidity etc the charged air that the turbo is pulling in can have less density. The cooler and dryer the air, the more air and fuel can be crammed in. The hotter the air, the less dense it is. Also the intercooler can heat soak on hotter days, and the ECU will pull timing

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
It is a moody car. Because it's a smaller turbo charged engine, depending on ambient temps, humidity etc the charged air that the turbo is pulling in can be less compressed. The cooler and dryer the air, the more air and fuel can be crammed in. The hotter the air, the less dense it is. Also the intercooler can heat soak on hotter days, and the ECU will pull timing
yeah i should have been more clear its not just a heat soak issue. these variances that i spoke of earlier happen even in the same weather conditions - same temps etc. that ive noticed.

never experienced that with any of my many naturally aspirated hondas. ive owned in the past so u may be right its a turbo thing.
Sponsored