Question regarding motor mounts

novadrive

Hi all,

Relatively new here, just bought my 2019 FK7 sport last week. I have been researching different upgrades and have been recommended motor mounts as a stability upgrade. I was looking at the CUSCO RMM #CUS-3C4-911-PS-FC but I cannot find any other motor mounts for 10th gen civics. Is there a reason why there are only rear motor mounts on the market right now, and not side or top mounts?

Thanks

Kyle
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Hasport makes a full setup for all for around 400 bucks I believe it was.

OP
OP

novadrive

Hasport makes a full setup for all for around 400 bucks I believe it was.
I found the mount kit you are referencing for $555 on the hasports site. It says it fits 16-18 Civics, will I be alright with this kit? I am assuming they just didn't update their listing yet to include 2019

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
2019 is the same car as before. Be careful before ordering all the mounts in a harder form. unless you plan to use this car as a week-end warrior, I would suggest just starting with the rear motor munt first. Hasport has multiple hardness of rubber for his, 27 won has one with only one rubber mount with a 94 durometer and Cusco has its own as well but it's twice the price of the other 2 because i suppose it's got rounded forms and not just squarish machined surfaces. After reading a lot, they all transmit a lot of vibrations to the interior on launch and during hard accel, 27 won being the best at controlling the engine but transmitting a lot of it, hasport with the softest rubber gets better after 3-5000 miles and still prevents almost all wheelhop, didn't read anything on the cusco one.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I agree with what was said above, if you're going all out and not having this car as daily, changing the mounts will be tolerable. I changed all the mounts on my last car, big turbo golf r. It was unbearable with the a/c running, and idling in traffic. I recently installed the 27WON Rear Motor Mount on my SI and the performance to NVH you get from it is totally worth the price and it's still good for daily driving.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I agree with what was said above, if you're going all out and not having this car as daily, changing the mounts will be tolerable. I changed all the mounts on my last car, big turbo golf r. It was unbearable with the a/c running, and idling in traffic. I recently installed the 27WON Rear Motor Mount on my SI and the performance to NVH you get from it is totally worth the price and it's still good for daily driving.
I completely agree with this post. 27won rmm has given great performance and the NVH is really mild compared to what it could be.

OP
OP

novadrive

Thank you for the information guys. This car is a daily driver for me but I would like to push it if I can. Will likely go for just a RMM for now.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
let me know how you like it. I ordered the hasport 62A myself since from what I read it is the best compromise for daily driving after some miles. I'll definitely chime in after installing it.

OP
OP

novadrive

let me know how you like it. I ordered the hasport 62A myself since from what I read it is the best compromise for daily driving after some miles. I'll definitely chime in after installing it.
Will do, will probably get it ordered and installed in the next month. Hopefully shipping doesn't take too long, golden week just started in Japan and that will cause delays.

OP
OP

novadrive

Just installed this evening. Feels great, sounds great, it should still be on sale for $150 on rhd japan. Took about 45 minutes to install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question regarding motor mounts rsz_img_20190524_210120

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
nice, had mine on for about 2 weeks. Definitely vibrations on take off and in a few rpm ranges, mostly around 1300 to 1700 accelerating and 2700 to 2900 decelerating. I got used to revving the engine a bit higher on normal drive, used to shift to get revs around 1500 for reg driving as it worked well, now i aim for over 1800 and no issues, still get about the same gas mileage too.

It is definitely my limit for added vibration on a daily though, happy I went with this one.

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
Is anyone able to compare the 27Won RMM to the Cusco based on personal experience? I have the 27Won, but sometimes the NVH gets annoying. I hear the Cusco performs similarly, but I'm curious about the NVH compared to the 27Won.

OP
OP

novadrive

Is anyone able to compare the 27Won RMM to the Cusco based on personal experience? I have the 27Won, but sometimes the NVH gets annoying. I hear the Cusco performs similarly, but I'm curious about the NVH compared to the 27Won.
Have not experienced the 27WON RMM, but the cusco is very manageable. The best way I can put it is that I no longer feel like I am driving a lawn mower. Slight vibration on idle and I would say 30% more noise on the highway, not something I would personally complain about. If you feel like your experience was rather similar, you should probably just stick with 27. Worth noting my mount is not broken in yet, so in theory it will get a little better for me.

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
@ThatDustyFox no longer on sale for 150. Around 175 now. If you are ordering from RHD it's legit. If you order from somewhere else I'm not sure how you can check its legit. For reference mine came with a cusco sticker, instructions were in Japanese. Also worth noting that the website states you have to remove the front pipe to install...I did not have to.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/cusco-strengthened-pitching-stopper-fk7-fk8.html
I actually ordered one a couple hours ago. I was able to get it for 150. Thanks for the info though!
Sponsored