Seacow

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I’ve searched and couldn’t find a definitive answer and hope some folks that have done the Morimoto Mini H1 retroquick chime in. I’m in the process of retrofitting the Morimoto Mini H1 and unsure as to where the bracket should go. Should it go in between the bowl and shield or between the shield and lens? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought the retroquick was a direct swap? It didn't come with any instructions?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. I’ve searched and couldn’t find a definitive answer and hope some folks that have done the Morimoto Mini H1 retroquick chime in. I’m in the process of retrofitting the Morimoto Mini H1 and unsure as to where the bracket should go. Should it go in between the bowl and shield or between the shield and lens? Thanks in advance!
Neither, if I'm understanding correctly. It should be placed over the side with the lens. So you have to take out the 6 screws holding the lens bracket to the bowl, then slide the bracket over the lens and put the screws back in. The pictures on TRS site show how it should go: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-retro-quik-honda-civic-CRK-RQ-CIVIC?quantity=1

If you put it where you're suggesting, you'll mess up your spacing and the projector will not focus the light correctly.

OP
OP
Seacow

Seacow

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I thought the retroquick was a direct swap? It didn't come with any instructions?
There’s no real instructions per se, just directing to the Morimoto site. It is pretty straight forward and I’ll just do some testing both ways. Thank you!
Sponsored