Question Regarding AC Compressor for 2018 civic touring

ops_it

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey Guys,I have a quick question in regards to the 10th generation civic, I have a civic 2018 touring (1.5L engine), and I noticed that whenever I have AC or the defrost selected and I slow down after moving I can hear the fan and the compressor come back on again, this happens all the time when Im moving and finally slow down, is the compressor in the 10th generation civic supposed to disengage whenever the car accelerates? I noticed the fan for the compressor always begins to turn on again as soon as I come to a slow down and full stop. Does this happen for your 10th gen civic? I'm also not in econ mode , whenever this happens I either have the AC set to ON or the defrost on. Just FYI that when it does come back on after coming to a stop it stays on and then will disengage again as soon as I begin to accelerate again . Just want to make sure this is supposed to be as per design for this particular compressor.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Seems like normal operation. When you are moving the engine and the AC condenser may have enough cooling from natural air flow, and the fan is not needed. Once you slow down or stop, the cooling becomes insufficient and the fan may need to turn on.