Banned
First Name
Type R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R
  • Banned
Do you plan on using Moog suspension parts or OEM?
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
You're assuming Moog would make parts for a low-production vehicle, which is unlikely.
If not Moog then maybe Energy Suspension. Pretty sure they made stuff for the Integra Type R and NSX.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Idk about Moog (whatever that is, never heard), but I'd use the best quality aftermarket suspension and keep a spare set of OEMs on standby.

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt I'll keep the car that long, knowing myself, I have never kept a car more than 5 years. In all likelihood we'll all trade up to the next CTR. That's for the next owner to worry about.. =)

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I doubt I'll keep the car that long, knowing myself, I have never kept a car more than 5 years. In all likelihood we'll all trade up to the next CTR. That's for the next owner to worry about.. =)
That's a good point, only time will tell if Honda will continue to release the next generations of Type-Rs here in the U.S. (like the BMW M3) or they will stick to exclusivity and release once in a blue moon (like the ITR)

I'm neutral with either happening, on one hand with limited release, the car is more exclusive and special, but on the other hand with new generations coming every few years, we don't have to go through the annoyance of ADM or looking out of state to purchase.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Oem > Moog Especially if you can get oem parts at dealership cost without the markup on them.

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
I'd go OEM, it's a serious car and I wouldn't want to replace parts that have been nurburgring tested with unknowns. For me the CTR would replace a WRX I've had since 2007, that has 165k miles on it, so I'm interested in extended warranty information on the Honda like the poster above.

OP
OP
Blackhat

Blackhat

Banned
Banned
First Name
Type R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R
I'd go OEM, it's a serious car and I wouldn't want to replace parts that have been nurburgring tested with unknowns. For me the CTR would replace a WRX I've had since 2007, that has 165k miles on it, so I'm interested in extended warranty information on the Honda like the poster above.
I have a feeling most suspension parts will be needing changing right after the 8 year mark such as ball joints , control arms etc.
Dont think warranty will cover those , most major work is done around the 100k mark for the suspension bushings and I would also suspect the ball joints would want to be changed too.
so dont see how the 8 year warranty would help me but i am interested to know the cost non the less

I am curious to also know what is the alignment settings for the front and rear for the CTR. I would be messed up if one of us took it to fire stone and they align the car per the specs of a honda civic hatchback sport lol

OP
OP
Blackhat

Blackhat

Banned
Banned
First Name
Type R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R
$1000 flat . If you do it you have to be under 6k and 6 months old . Otherwise price will be little high .
cool thanks, do they cover pads and rotors?
Sponsored