First Name
Helder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

A side from loving my vehicles I love my music and I currently have a 16' WRX and have a CTR ordered for next year for when my lease comes up. I have found that the Bose sound system in the WRX right from factory has been sufficient leaving it as is.

Now, I can't find anything on the web that gives any info on what Honda uses as far as an audio brand. Anyone know and how does the sound system hold up in your CTR's?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s my only gripe with the car. Weak, poor sound system :-(

OP
OP
Heldiablo

Heldiablo

First Name
Helder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
It’s my only gripe with the car. Weak, poor sound system :-(
I was afraid of that. Well, I'll have too see what and If there's anything that I can do to fix that with the least amount of modifications

Driveitlikeustoleit

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lada
If you try and better yourself by listening to audiobooks and books on tape, or maybe learning a new language, then the bonus with the Type R is that it really doesn't matter how good the sound system is.

Tone Loc

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #18323
Country flag
CTR sound system isn't that great. The factory system in my 2011 TSX (non-Tech package btw so it had the standard "Premium Audio System") was significantly better....

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
CTR sound system isn't that great. The factory system in my 2011 TSX (non-Tech package btw so it had the standard "Premium Audio System") was significantly better....

Same here. The factory Harman/Kardon system in my Mini Cooper JCW that I sold before buying the CTR was FAR superior. It was the best OEM system I have ever owned. I was stunned at how mediocre the sound system was in the CTR even after reading as much in the forum before getting the car. The total lack of low-end from that shallow subwoofer is really awful.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I don't know call me crazy but I think the audio is fine and loud :dunno:

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
I think it's great but I'm definitely not an audiophile. I've heard much much worse stock systems than this.

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
The Honda line has always had weak audio, they leave that as one of the few reasons to go to Acura. However I think this is an ok system, at least its a step up from my 14 Pilot and 14 Accord!!!

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
That thread has all the info you need on upgrading the CTR sound system. I have spent a total of $450 so far, replacing the center dash speaker, front door tweeters, subwoofer, and adding an amp for the sub. It has made a huge difference. I expect to spend another $250 before I'm done (front door main speakers, rear tweeters, and Audio Control LC2i processor). It's all DIY with full instructions.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
yeah the audio really stinks in this car sadly. Rest of the car is a dream :)

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
That thread has all the info you need on upgrading the CTR sound system. I have spent a total of $450 so far, replacing the center dash speaker, front door tweeters, subwoofer, and adding an amp for the sub. It has made a huge difference. I expect to spend another $250 before I'm done (front door main speakers, rear tweeters, and Audio Control LC2i processor). It's all DIY with full instructions.
That's actually really cheap in the grand scheme of things - I may try some of these mods, thanks.
Sponsored