S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hi Guys i bought 2018 Honda Civic HB Sport MT from private dealer. I saw carfax report, all clean. But i'm thinking windshield replaced. Because all other glasses has Honda logo on it but windshield. It only says Fuyao. I mean i know it's OEM brand. And the other reason make me think it replaced. Black glue on driver side, it doesn't seem professional.

so i know at least one of you guys has same car, can you check that windshield has only Fuyao on it or it also has Honda logo.

if you see the attached file, it's driver side door glass and it has Honda logo. Windshield only has Fuayo sign on it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about windshield and other glasses image
Sponsored

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Windshield should say Honda as well. Most probably replaced as the glass on these cars is very fragile.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
My wife 2016 LX as her windshield replaced few years ago with same brand as you : Fuyao

The job was not by a Honda Dealer

OP
OP
S60doc

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I already made 1000 miles on it. Seems everything is good, i trusted carfax report. But i know if previous owner or dealer got it fix without insurance, it won't appear on carfax.

I mean i've been in USA since 2017. This is my 3rd car. Second was scion TC, I got it for $2700. So I didn't dig that much all these carfax reports etc. when i went to mechanic i found that it was rear ended, it got damage from front right. I mean for $2700 it is what it is.

but this honda from dealership and it has 37k miles, clean carfax. I knew that i had to go mechanic for inspection. I already spent 6 hours at dealership I didn't wanna go another place for spending more time. I knew I should've get it from Honda dealership but I really liked the blue color. You know people get excited when they're buying new stuff.

But i trusted dealership and carfax. But now i'm seeing that carfax is kinda nothing.

I'm waiting for next oil change i'll go to Honda dealership for get it done! I'll ask them if they see any issues.

thank for your answer guys!

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The factory windshields on 2018 hatchbacks should be Pilkington, AFAIK.
Mine (2018 ST) has both the windshield and the hatch window from Pilkington, and all glass is tagged with a Honda logo.

Last edited:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Just an FYI that we found out recently, and could save someone a windshield.
My wife hosed down a hot car with cold water in preparation to washing it.
That's all it took to crack our Honda CRV's windshield.
So be careful. Hit the glass with a fine mist to slowly bring down the temperature evenly on the whole glass.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I believe Fuyao makes the windshield for at least some of the 10th gens. I think it should have a Honda symbol as well

However, in the replacement glass industry, many times the factory will take the same exact piece of glass and label it differently. The one with the Honda label will be sold for 2x as much. You can check that through the DOT glass code on the printing of the glass.
Sponsored