amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
In September I am heading on a trip to SoCal and this would be a good time to monitor some perimeters to make sure everything is running as it should be. The drive is really tough through steep and windy mountain passes and high speed driving through extreme temps, I would get a good view on how everything is running on TSP Maps 1 and 2 in these conditions

I bought a 7 inch Android Tablet and mounting bracket, installed TunerView on it and will connect it to Ktuner thru Bluetooth. My question is, will I be able to do data logging using TuneView on the Android tablet? Has anyone else done this and have any tips? @gtman @PowerPerLiter maybe you guys can answer what I should be looking for, as there will be some really hard driving on this trip
Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
In September I am heading on a trip to SoCal and this would be a good time to monitor some perimeters to make sure everything is running as it should be. The drive is really tough through steep and windy mountain passes and high speed driving through extreme temps, I would get a good view on how everything is running on TSP Maps 1 and 2 in these conditions

I bought a 7 inch Android Tablet and mounting bracket, installed TunerView on it and will connect it to Ktuner thru Bluetooth. My question is, will I be able to do data logging using TuneView on the Android tablet? Has anyone else done this and have any tips? @gtman @PowerPerLiter maybe you guys can answer what I should be looking for, as there will be some really hard driving on this trip
Im not positive enough to chime in. Is there a way to record data without laptop to retrieve later? Thats how I do it on my flashpro. "Ooo good opportunity to log this run Im about to make" press button. Recording. Retrieve later with laptop.

Or if car acts funny during a specific event I can do the same thing.

As far as tablet goes I would like to say yes but Im thinking it wouldnt record. Could be wrong though.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
All I can suggest you really watch while driving would be short and long term trim along with k.control AND knock counts. Counts indicate some sort of registered hiccup such as misfire etc. Coolant temp wouldnt be bad. Iat 1 and 2 as well. If you watch the afm reading in g/s you can keep an eye on the short trim % and have a mental log of the "way off" areas to go back and edit later. "oh i see its removing 10% fuel right here up this long hill...g/s number is around 12 or in between 12-13...Ill remember that for editing in that area later..."

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Haven't done any logging, but the log option is there in the Tunerview app on my Android phone.

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Haven't done any logging, but the log option is there in the Tunerview app on my Android phone.
Yes, you have two options. You can either start datalogging in Tunerview and you will be able to export it to a CSV file or you can swipe right (insert joke here), go to the Ktuner flash menu, and start datalogging on the v1.2 and download later (if you want the KTuner format). Both options work great. I use a kindle fire.

poundsand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gti
Country flag
In September I am heading on a trip to SoCal and this would be a good time to monitor some perimeters to make sure everything is running as it should be. The drive is really tough through steep and windy mountain passes and high speed driving through extreme temps...
What route you taking?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What route you taking?
I'll be taking 101N to 152E to 5S. Depending on traffic it will either route me to the Foothill freeway (210), 405, or 110S

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got TunerView to connect to Ktuner and will do some logging tomorrow. The default display seems to be limited compared to the Ktuner software but I'm sure it can be tweaked

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Got TunerView to connect to Ktuner and will do some logging tomorrow. The default display seems to be limited compared to the Ktuner software but I'm sure it can be tweaked
If you swipe right from the main display, there are a ton of different display options to choose from.

poundsand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gti
Country flag
I'll be taking 101N to 152E to 5S. Depending on traffic it will either route me to the Foothill freeway (210), 405, or 110S
Don't know if you're worried when you say it's a tough route, but that's not a particularly tough route. The only part vaguely tough part is the grapevine, and tons of shitty cars make that drive all the time.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't know if you're worried when you say it's a tough route, but that's not a particularly tough route. The only part vaguely tough part is the grapevine, and tons of shitty cars make that drive all the time.
No, not worried about it, I've taken this route about a thousand times. If you read the post it's about data logging under high speed high temp conditions to test a tunes effect on fuel trims, knock control etc under more stressed conditions
Sponsored

Last edited: