question about roll cages

Highside49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S; 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
I just purchased a new 2018 Honda CTR. I enjoy track days and I want to prep my CTR and get a competition license to race SCCA and some other race organizations. I saw the Evasive Motorsports roll cage for the CTR. I read the SCCA rulebook, at least parts of it, and in the roll cage section, it looks like the roll cage must not only have the standard bracing behind the driver, but also the cage must extend forward into the driver area (i.e.-bars run past doors and overhead bars). The Evasive cage for the CTR does not appear to have the bars running past the front doors. Here is my question to some of you experienced guys. Is the Evasive roll cage legal for SCCA? I guess I can call SCCA and send them a picture but I thought I would ask here first. Also, if you know of a company that custom makes/fabricates roll cages, can you please list the name of the company. Thank you and I appreciate any advice/input. Highside49
Sponsored