Question: 2016 Civic Sedan Rear Jack point

Pacino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Hi guys,
Is this the rear center jack point for my 2016 civic sedan?
It’s just besides the rear plastic bumper . It is attached to the gas tank? Feel so dangerous.

Thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question: 2016 Civic Sedan Rear Jack point 8816C750-11B4-4A87-A37B-5A9E62601106
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pacino

Pacino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Anyone knows? Pls

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I do not think that is the point. Did you check owners manual? I recall a post here that dealt with this issue...

OP
OP
Pacino

Pacino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
T
I do not think that is the point. Did you check owners manual? I recall a post here that dealt with this issue...
thanks for the reply. Weird thing is he owners menual never have a clear statement about the rear jack point. Only 4 side points.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
T

thanks for the reply. Weird thing is he owners menual never have a clear statement about the rear jack point. Only 4 side points.
Found it in the other thread:
Honda Civic 10th gen Question: 2016 Civic Sedan Rear Jack point untitled-

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
no!!!! that is not the jack point. the four jack points are located ; front two, just behind the front wheels. Rear two, just in front of the rear wheels. There are small strong thick steel plates bent at a 90 degree angle in each location. The manual does show them. The real owners manual, not the lame "owners guide" that comes in the glove compartment.

OP
OP
Pacino

Pacino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Ok . Thank you all for the input. I guess I will not take the risk. Just try to swap my snow tires myself.

cyost01

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX sedan
Country flag
no!!!! that is not the jack point. the four jack points are located ; front two, just behind the front wheels. Rear two, just in front of the rear wheels. There are small strong thick steel plates bent at a 90 degree angle in each location. The manual does show them. The real owners manual, not the lame "owners guide" that comes in the glove compartment.
Mine didn’t come with the booklet you are talking about. Can you show us the page where it shows you where to jack up the rear? I’m trying to swap out the rear
sway bar this weekend.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine didn’t come with the booklet you are talking about. Can you show us the page where it shows you where to jack up the rear? I’m trying to swap out the rear
sway bar this weekend.
I too just found out that the "manual" that is included in the car is merely a guide for dummies. You'll find the owners manual online.
Tbh they should have included the manual with our cars, not the guide.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Yes, that is the rear center jack point.

I've used it when I've rotated the wheels. No problem.

Raised the car with one jack at this location. Put stands in front of each rear wheel. I had to build a 5" high wood platform for my jack to sit on. The jack point is quite high, too high for my jack.

It's located on the rear side of the spare tire storage well, not the fuel tank. The fuel tank is under the rear seat.

The bracket/fitting is strong enough for the lift apparently. I've seen no deformation of the part after several lifts.

These cars aren't very heavy.

Look at page 2 of the following document.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/HSL-J-04-2015-E.pdf

Look at the left side of the "Lower View".

You can see the rear center lift point at the rear of the spare tire well. The bracket is blue indicating it's fabricated from stronger steel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pacino

Pacino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yes, that is the rear center jack point.

I've used it when I've rotated the wheels. No problem.

Raised the car with one jack at this location. Put stands in front of each rear wheel. I had to build a 5" high wood platform for my jack to sit on. The jack point is quite high, too high for my jack.

It's located on the rear side of the spare tire storage well, not the fuel tank. The fuel tank is under the rear seat.

The bracket/fitting is strong enough for the lift apparently. I've seen no deformation of the part after several lifts.

These cars aren't very heavy.

Look at page 2 of the following document.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/HSL-J-04-2015-E.pdf

Look at the left side of the "Lower View".

You can see the rear center lift point at the rear of the spare tire well. The bracket is blue indicating it's fabricated from stronger steel.
Thank you so much fjrman, that is detailed and professional answer. Now I can jack up that point to put 2 stand before rear wheels. Appreciated.
Sponsored