Quality of Honda HFP wheels vs aftermarket?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Are the HFP wheels worth the premium in terms of quality?

I'm trying to decide for winter wheels between these
HFP 16x6.5 ($200 picked up)
Honda Civic 10th gen Quality of Honda HFP wheels vs aftermarket? tr0side_750x284

And aftermarket, maybe these:
Rial Milano 16x6.5 ($140 shipped)
Honda Civic 10th gen Quality of Honda HFP wheels vs aftermarket? Ko1420a_06_zpsf97a4801-1

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
HFP rims (probably by enkei) are just your standard cast aluminum wheels just like that Rial wheel you compared it to. They're both going to be fairly heavy, but as long as they're manufactured to standards, they're both viable wheels. Its really up to you on which design/style/color you like better. Personally, I think HFP wheels are heavy, overpriced wheels. Is it 200 for the set? if it is then HFP lol thats crazy. If its 200 a piece and for winter wheels, id just get something from discount tire or tirerack which will be just as good quality wise as the HFP and cost less.

OP
OP
VarmintCong

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
HFP rims (probably by enkei) are just your standard cast aluminum wheels just like that Rial wheel you compared it to. They're both going to be fairly heavy, but as long as they're manufactured to standards, they're both viable wheels. Its really up to you on which design/style/color you like better. Personally, I think HFP wheels are heavy, overpriced wheels. Is it 200 for the set? if it is then HFP lol thats crazy. If its 200 a piece and for winter wheels, id just get something from discount tire or tirerack which will be just as good quality wise as the HFP and cost less.
Thanks for the info! I went with the Rials, they're like 19-20 lbs. Yes, the HFPs were $200 each. They do have a Honda symbol on them though. :)
Sponsored