Putting Back Stock Airbox Questions

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi All. I'm putting box my stock Airbox back in preparation for trading in my car, and I've run into an issue. I can't seem to remember the required orientation for the two dark colored brackets, or which holes they bolt into. One is for holding up the lower airbox, and the other I have no idea (maybe for mounting the resonator?. The lower airbox one mounts with the holes slightly diagonal I think. The other is a similar looking bracket that has some kind of rectangular hooked tab on one end. No idea where it goes. I've read through PRL's instruction guide and watched all of the YouTube installs, but I can't seem to see how these brackets should be oriented, and which holes they mount to.

Would anyone possibly still have these that might be able to take a shot of them in the proper orientation? Also, would iIrun into any issues if I left the resonator off? Sorry for the inconvenience, friends, and thanks in advance for the assist.

EDIT: just to clarify, these are stock brackets that I'm looking to reattach, rather than the PRL brackets.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Based on the pictures in the app, it looks like the bracket that I wasn't able to identify was the lower air mount. But by the looks of it's positioning, it looks like it would actually support the resonator (lowest portion of the airbox assembly), not the lower airbox? If so, can I just leave the resonator and the lower bracket off?

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Based on the pictures in the app, it looks like the bracket that I wasn't able to identify was the lower air mount. But by the looks of it's positioning, it looks like it would actually support the resonator (lowest portion of the airbox assembly), not the lower airbox? If so, can I just leave the resonator and the lower bracket off?

The dealer wouldnt even know...