Push Button Light Switch for Dash (Not ignition)

BigToeGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, not sure.. the harness it came with had then soldered together, maybe with the intended use (the harness is intended to be used with for fogs (not LEDs)) needs it soldered. I don't mind an orange light indicating the switches has power to it, no biggie.
Did you end up using the 40A/12V relay (small black box) in this setup OR just not include at all?
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Did you end up using the 40A/12V relay (small black box) in this setup OR just not include at all?
Surely the ideal situation is.

When Headlights are ON, the smaller green light comes on to show you, typically at night, where the switch is, and that light is on the Illumination circuit, so it varies in brightness like other indicators with the Instrument brightness control.
The 2nd main Function Indicating Green Illuminated part is also on the Illumination circuit, and comes on irrespective of the headlights being on .. it comes on when the switch is ON, to indicate that your Led lights are powered.
You may choose to have it on the full +12 supply, ie the one that is running to your Led lights, so it is full brightness any time it is on - day or night, especially if it is not in your normal line of sight when driving at night.

It should be easy enough to achieve the above, (or most variants on that).

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS :-
Whatever you do be careful not to short out any supplies, and make sure your additional circuit is fused, with a fuse rating that is reasonable for the custom added Led load.
Sure, you can come off a High current fused circuit, but then make sure you add an additional fuse to be about 150% of the additional circuit load.

ie 1 or 2 amps .. NOT 30 Amps !!

Last thing you want is your additional wiring shorting out, overheating, and then causing a fire.

17sicoupe

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I have found a push button on amazon, it is however a fog light push button, but I’m sure with a little creativity the printing can be changed, it’s for blanks to the left of the steering wheel. I’ve measured my blanks and they seem to be the same measurement, I’ve ordered one but I am still waiting to see if it actually fits properly

Here’s the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PTQ2H2Z?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Honda Civic 10th gen Push Button Light Switch for Dash (Not ignition) D05BC841-B7FB-4F25-8AC7-1A8229DCFE2F

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Here are the images of the button off and on.. Green light means it's on.

z9VSyhn.jpg

And with the lights off and on.

D25mcVq.jpg
Did you ever write up a how-to on how you did this kind of mod? I am very interested and would like to know what it entails

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
FYI: I recently did this exact push-button mod for some LED Strips in my cab. I wired it up with the green and orange LEDs and hated it, so I took the switch apart and desoldered the original ones and replaced them with a white LED (for the DRL light) and a red one (for when you press the button, since my LED strips are red). It looks amazing. I wired the 12v for the strips to a blank in the drivers' side fuse box and the DRL wire to the DRL fuse (both using add-a-circuit fuse taps). The hardest part of this mod was getting the correct size switch; I found the same one from this fog light kit on Amazon for about 8 bucks shipped via Prime. Just make sure it says "for Honda".

I'll try to snap some pics soon. The ONLY thing I do not like anymore: when the switch is off (which is how I drive most of the time) it sticks out a little bit, only sitting flush and clean when the LED's are on. I wonder if that could be fixed... not sure, since the switch is mechanical...

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For the 12v for the LED bars, I used one of the 2 empty fuse slots near the moonroof fuse (I believe it's #18? Could be wrong, too lazy to go back to the garage to check :p ). For the DRL I used an add-a-fuse and tapped into the DRL fuse. I had to replace the 2 resistors on the switch's circuit board from 4.7k Ohm to 1k Ohm. I then replaced the green LED with a red one, and the amber one with a white one.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag