Pure Turbos PS2 Turbo Upgrade

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I think it's important to also point out that the 27WON W1 is not just about power (which is oddly similar), but also the "from scratch design". This negates the concern about a core, which you guys already pointed out, but also the fact that since we did design from scratch we were able to utilize a larger CHRA with larger bearings, seals and greater cooling capacity. A re-manufactured OE turbo (from my knowledge) will not provide you with the larger CHRA and thus you are stuck using OE size and quality bearings.
Our goal was not just power, but long-term reliability as well.
The turbocharger that validated our testing is still currently in-use after 50+ dyno pulls, a handful of record setting 1/4 mile runs, and pushing 25K miles of road and track use.
Think I’ll definitely go with 27won turbo upgrade. I’m assuming stock clutch won’t be able to hold power tho?
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think I’ll definitely go with 27won turbo upgrade. I’m assuming stock clutch won’t be able to hold power tho?
Stock clutch is hit and miss but definitely recommend aftermarket clutch that holds over 350wtq

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
There could be another clutch/flywheel option coming to the market in the near future ;) Either way a clutch is highly recommended with the W1, but if you tuned the car with gradual torque increase you could probably get away with the stock clutch for a long while...but that's no fun!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There could be another clutch/flywheel option coming to the market in the near future ;) Either way a clutch is highly recommended with the W1, but if you tuned the car with gradual torque increase you could probably get away with the stock clutch for a long while...but that's no fun!
A 27Won built clutch and flywheel? Lol

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
How near future are we talking?? Lol.

I’m in need of a clutch in the next couple weeks. But from everything I’m reading.. clutchmasters has been Garbo. Can’t decide which route I wanna go.

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Tuff to say on timelines right now.

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How near future are we talking?? Lol.

I’m in need of a clutch in the next couple weeks. But from everything I’m reading.. clutchmasters has been Garbo. Can’t decide which route I wanna go.
I don’t mean to sound rude but is there a problem with the spec clutches and flywheel? Nobody seems to mention them for clutch upgrades on any posts related to this subject. I see davemarco made mention of it but looks like it was just ignored. So I’m genuinely curious is there something wrong with the spec clutches?

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I don’t mean to sound rude but is there a problem with the spec clutches and flywheel? Nobody seems to mention them for clutch upgrades on any posts related to this subject. I see davemarco made mention of it but looks like it was just ignored. So I’m genuinely curious is there something wrong with the spec clutches?
I honestly have not heard one bad thing about spec clutches on this forum. But I’ve also not read any positive reviews. So I’m assuming they gotta be better than clutchmasters because I’m reading nothing but chatter with them. I’m actualy leaning towards spec personally. Not sure if I want to go stage 2 with aluminum single mass flywheel, or stage 3+ with stock dual mass.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Jsut FYI spec clutches are Awesome, just new to this game, as people start to get them you will get some excellent reveiws, but it will take some time! I would put SPEC against any clutch manufacter out there! I will be going with thier LTWF and 3 or 3.5 when I pull the trigger!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jsut FYI spec clutches are Awesome, just new to this game, as people start to get them you will get some excellent reveiws, but it will take some time! I would put SPEC against any clutch manufacter out there! I will be going with thier LTWF and 3 or 3.5 when I pull the trigger!
Spec better than ACT clutch or even Exedy when they release their stage clutches?

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Spec better than ACT clutch or even Exedy when they release their stage clutches?
I have ran them all, I prefer Spec over Exedy and ACT, but my experience was on cars all over 500hp.. Only clutch I have ever had better was McLeod's! That's saying alot, I actually prefer Valeo clutches over Clutchmasters... I would consider Exedy as had some damn good luck with them in the past as well, but will depend on cost and options more than anything else. I don't believe they will beat Spec as far as I'm concerned.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
When I torch my fx350. I'll probably be going spec.
Sponsored