Will they ever come out with puddle lights on these cars? from under the doors
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I just installed my own. Battery powered, no wiring involved.
I installed these but the material that the door panel is made of does not allow that great of surface for tape to stick on. They fell off after a few months.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
horrible, who wants to put this big bulky box on their door..lol, that would get knocked off in a week or two..lol. thanks though
You bastard, where were you a year ago when I bought my civic and installed the box puddle lights to only have them fall off. The size of the box is that bad considering that it blends in with the door panel. The problem is that our door panels are texture and sill not grip the double sided tape well

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
horrible, who wants to put this big bulky box on their door..lol, that would get knocked off in a week or two..lol. thanks though
I've had mine on for over a year and haven't had any issues with them coming off. And it's hardly a "big bulky box", it's smaller than half the size of a deck of cards and blends beautifully with the door. I literally have had to point it out when I show people where it's at, they can never see it.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are for the 2019+ Civic.

Anybody know if they can be installed on pre-refresh (2016-2018) models?
Nobody knows until the assembly instruction is out.

Currently the led door step and ambient foot light are taking the power from the fusebox, and I think there are only 2 slots IIRC. I saw the similar puddle for 18 Accord is taking power from the fusebox, so I'm not sure where it's going to take the power from. Both lights will be illuminated as soon as you open the door.

The door ambient lights are taking power from the wiring harness that supplied to the climate control, and the console ambient light is taking power from the e brake button. These two ambient lights will only engage once you get the engine started.

The difference could be the power that they are taking power from, and whether or not the floor panel has the holes for the wiring harness to go through before reaching the side skirt.

I could be wrong for my assumptions.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Instructions are out on College Hills, look complicated for some puddle lights. No guranteee it would work on any SI or 16-18. Not worth it IMO. Also they have rear USB hub from the factory, kinda cool but looks complicated as well.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Instructions are out on College Hills, look complicated for some puddle lights. No guranteee it would work on any SI or 16-18. Not worth it IMO. Also they have rear USB hub from the factory, kinda cool but looks complicated as well.
It's pretty straight forward, but you just need to remove lots of parts that get in the way. The kit is taking power source from the fusebox underneath the dash, and feeding the wiring harness to each side of the side skirts.

I don't see why it won't fit on the previous 16-18 since you can keep looping the accessory plugs unless the chassis doesn't come with holes to feed the wiring harness out of the interior.

Honda Civic 10th gen PUDDLE LIGHTS ? 4182775324_171d3bf822_o

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
hos anyone tried to do this to a 16-18 hatch yet?
Sponsored