blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for your input. I feel like I'm about to get rear ended from 1st-2nd shift waiting for the revs to drop. And when I don't wait for it to drop I slip the clutch in :(

Yea, I'll see how it feels over the next couple 100 miles. I just want to get the tune in now if it's based on miles driven...etc because then the flash (assuming i dont do another one) will be in the noise once the car gets older
just shift into second gear quicker than you would on your 8th gen civic, i have found if you put it in second rather quickly like 10 mph you don't have that issue nearly as much.
Sponsored

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
just shift into second gear quicker than you would on your 8th gen civic, i have found if you put it in second rather quickly like 10 mph you don't have that issue nearly as much.
I tried it this morning. Wayyyy better. It's a little hard when I'm going up a steep grade because I need a little more engine speed when going into 2nd. The are is a joy in general. Im most impressed about how planted it feels while feeling comfortable in SPORT mode. Way less bumpy than the TEIN coillovers I had on my 8thgen.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
:coffee:
Eleven pages of bickering. I'd complain but the whole reason I came here was to waste time, and so far this morning has been a success.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
:coffee:
Eleven pages of bickering. I'd complain but the whole reason I came here was to waste time, and so far this morning has been a success.
Realistically, at a car enthusiast forum, would you actually expect unanimous agreement ON ANYTHING?

gokstate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 VW GTI, 2017 MINI Cooper S, 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Country flag
With zero context for that image, there's really no way to tell what's going on or even if it is indeed real. We don't know if they rolled in with Honda hack and tunerview on the head unit or a ktuner sitting in the car at some point in service history, making it obvious they had a tuning module. We don't know if they had ktuner stickers or a dozen hard mods on the car.

In another discussion about what Honda can detect, someone asserted they can tell when certain information has been cleared which would occur with a flash, but also with a reprogramming by the dealer (fuel dilution update) or if the battery died or was disconnected.

This image, even if real, doesn't give us any more information about what Honda can see with the data. It's possible based on service history and other information that they determined the data clearing must have been due to a flash. Maybe they asked the customer if his battery had died, was disconnected, or replaced and he said "no?" Not realizing they were attempting to rationalize the data before jumping to the conclusion it must have been modified.
This was the 2nd reply in this thread, but there were some similar doubts expressed as to the veracity of this reddit post in the original TSP Stage 2 blown motor thread that led to this spinoff. FWIW, I googled the service advisor's name and it does indeed pop up a linkedin profile for Honda of Oakland. Maybe some brave soul would like to call him up and ask for further details...

To me, this means it's a real situation. Interesting, because I've been following a lot of the previous tuned threads and they were replete with quotes about "they can't see KTuner, Hondata. Just flash it back." I'm not throwing shade on that, just interesting to see the evolution of the thought process. Unfortunately, what the forums need are just more data, more time, and more details.

Now let's open a new can of worms--does this evolved information make JB4 any more attractive.....?

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m about to get the JB4 SRI and may consider their piggy back tuner. In my opinion, this seems to be the best combo for people like me who want a better sound and simply to delete rev hang with min modification to the car incase we need to bring it in to the dealer. The SRI keeps bottom of stock air box and the tuner doesn’t require flashing the ECU

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m about to get the JB4 SRI and may consider their piggy back tuner. In my opinion, this seems to be the best combo for people like me who want a better sound and simply to delete rev hang with min modification to the car incase we need to bring it in to the dealer. The SRI keeps bottom of stock air box and the tuner doesn’t require flashing the ECU
Fyi

I have the BMS SRI and it seems to run well with si. Not Non si users have reported fuel trim issues

Last edited:

Jaxson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Fyi

I have the BMS SRI and it seems to run well with si. Not si users have reported fuel trim issues
So do you have the Si factory calibration or the race calibration SRI (assuming there’s two versions like with the 2.0L engine)? And you’re on the OEM stock tune?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag