Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We have been working closely with PTP Turbo Blankets and are excited to bring to market the new Inlet Pipe Blanket for the Type R. It is currently in the final stages of revisions and will be made available soon.
Stay tuned to our social media for more info on this developing new product :)

*Why Use PTP Turbo Inlet Pipe Blanket?
The PTP Civic 2.0 Inlet Pipe Blanket is designed to limit the amount of heat that is transferred from your turbocharger to your inlet pipe that sits just above it. By limiting this amount of transferred heat, intake temperatures will be much cooler entering into your turbo.
Constructed with an outer layer made from pulverized volcanic lava rock (Rated 1800°F Direct Heat / 2500°F Radiant Heat) formed into fabric and woven into a tight mesh weave, these turbo blankets are internally insulated with high temperature calcium magnesium silicate wool (Rated 1832°F Continuous / 2300°F Peak) overlaid with a high temperature stainless steel mesh for increased durability and improved thermal resistance. The Lava Turbo Blankets are designed to withstand the harshest of conditions.

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Turbo Inlet Pipe Blanket type r blanket 2

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Turbo Inlet Pipe Blanket Type R blanket

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
How effective will a blanket be on the inlet pipe? Know at first to start a drive will be good at keeping the heat out. However once it heats up wouldn't the blanket hold heat instead of allowing heat to dissipate?

Suggestion is maybe have two options. One that covers the earths dreams and one that doesn't.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How effective will a blanket be on the inlet pipe? Know at first to start a drive will be good at keeping the heat out. However once it heats up wouldn't the blanket hold heat instead of allowing head to dissipate?
The inlet blanket will insulate the pipe so it doesn't heat up at the same rate as it does without. The material surrounding the pipe absorbs the radiant heat from reaching through...Think of it like home insulation if you will, it will help maintain constant incoming air temps. The inlet piping itself is aluminum and heats up rather quickly because it sits over the turbocharger, this PTP Blanket. PTP does make a turbo blanket, however they are in a contract and cannot sell it as there own until February.

Last edited:

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports I see a 3d printed battery strap :thumbsup: I’ll take the oil cap, battery strap, and the blanket!

Seriously though, I definitely see the merit in reducing the initial IAT even with my upgraded intercooler. I would really like to see the differences in numbers. When the car is sitting idle, even now when it’s cold, I’ve seen the pre-intercooler temps rise over 100 easy.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Awesome! I'd love to see data on how IAT2 temps affect IAT temps. Have you guys tested this on your car yet?

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports I see a 3d printed battery strap :thumbsup: I’ll take the oil cap, battery strap, and the blanket!

Seriously though, I definitely see the merit in reducing the initial IAT even with my upgraded intercooler. I would really like to see the differences in numbers. When the car is sitting idle, even now when it’s cold, I’ve seen the pre-intercooler temps rise over 100 easy.
@PRL Motorsports should offer a lightweight battery and tie down option ;)

Jaydubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TypeR
Country flag
Want! WANT!

TAKE MY MONEY! PreORDER!

I'm in Florida and IATs affect me terribly. I've been recording hella datalogs before I get my PRL intercooler (waiting for it to be shipped with my downpipe!) just to see how much of a difference it makes and I can't wait to see what this does.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Interesting development :)

Perhaps there is a purpose to the color of the exterior of the PTP wrap that i am unaware of... but it sure should be nice to see the exterior color on this wrap other than combat green...

Even a grey would go better with the stuff under the hood ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, once we have a final version confirmed we will have a pre-order sale. We made some changes to the original to help with installation, as for at idle iats, remember our data on the intercooler we posted on other threads.
Sponsored