PSA: Warning for SI Hondata users (any tuners in general)

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a friendly warning to those that tune. Make sure you do it responsibly.

I have been troubleshooting for 2 weeks an issue where i was losing power at the top end and my car was shifting really funky and generally just losing power on the top end. No codes being thrown, no issue that i could find mechanically.

Turns out i got really high while reading this forum, got paranoid over all the tuning engine blowing back and forth and decided to retune my car while inebriated and subsequently forgetting that i had done so.

Turns out i lowered the rev limiter to like 5200, dropped some boost and took off full throttle shifting.... so found the issue on why i lose power at the top end and why high RPM shifting is all jacked up.

Remember be responsible with your tuning. Learn from my mistakes.

Regards,

Fathomless
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Good thing you weren't on an upper.... would have ended up turning boost targets up to like 30 psi and the redline to 8500.... WOOOOO!!!!:spaz::spaz:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This begs the more important question. Were you driving while you were high?:eek:

OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This begs the more important question. Were you driving while you were high?:eek:
Oh God no lol. Would never do that. More being funny than anything else. I was high for sure, and I remembered retuning (although was calculated as I wanted to tone it down on boost and ditch full throttle shifting), just forgot that I had taken the Rev limiter down to where it was lol.

It was just funny cause after all the forum drama I was like OMG I'm sputtering at high RPMs! It's too late I jacked it up. Once I started pouring over things I realized I set my limiter very conservatively... 9/10 times I would never really notice, but there is one stretch of highway / merging that demands a high rap quick shift from 3rd to 4th and my car kept struggling through it, first couple times I thought I missed my shift, after it started happening consistently I figured it out lol.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Ha ha, tune responsibly. I've added that to my Just say no T-shirt

Last edited:

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Title is misleading. Sounded like you were using a Hondata tune, in which you weren't. You tried tuning it yourself and ended up with problems.

All these headaches people are getting to squeeze out a couple of more hp/tq. Is it really worth this hassle? Or yet, your engine as seen in the countless blown engines that were "custom tuned"?

OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Title is misleading. Sounded like you were using a Hondata tune, in which you weren't. You tried tuning it yourself and ended up with problems.

All these headaches people are getting to squeeze out a couple of more hp/tq. Is it really worth this hassle? Or yet, your engine as seen in the countless blown engines that were "custom tuned"?
Woosh, flew right over your head.

Is this a bot account that just latches onto any tuned thread or did you just misread all the content?

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Woosh, flew right over your head.

Is this a bot account that just latches onto any tuned thread or did you just misread all the content?
"SI Hondata SI users" = Hondata tune users. Or do you mean FLASHPRO users? I guess any new accounts to this forum = bot. Lots of misinformation and toxicity; I haven't even been a member for one month. Not sure why you're only mentioning flashpro when you can tune with KTuner as well.

I said the title is misleading, nothing to do with content of OP. No need to get snarky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"SI Hondata SI users" = Hondata tune users. Or do you mean FLASHPRO users? I guess any new accounts to this forum = bot. Lots of misinformation and toxicity; I haven't even been a member for one month. Not sure why you're only mentioning flashpro when you can tune with KTuner as well.

I said the title is misleading, nothing to do with content of OP. No need to get snarky.
Because it's a joke. As in humor. Deliberately and obviously having misleading wording as to create a situation of surprise when the content is consumed.

I'm not getting snarky, I know some people don't have English as a first language or just don't have the same level of reading comprehension as others. That is fine. Reread the post and then reread your comment and you should realize that what you wrote mistook the entire context of the thread. It was such an egregious lack of comprehension I was assuming you might be a bot account of some sort that automatically posts on any tuned thread. These types of bots exist and are prevalent in many places.

The contrast of having a user initiated issue with downtuning performance on a tune is funny in comparison to all the drama regarding tuning issues with adding more performance. Basically "look I'm a dumbass and set my rec limiter too low", we are all just laughing at my expense.

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Because it's a joke. As in humor. Deliberately and obviously having misleading wording as to create a situation of surprise when the content is consumed.

I'm not getting snarky, I know some people don't have English as a first language or just don't have the same level of reading comprehension as others. That is fine. Reread the post and then reread your comment and you should realize that what you wrote mistook the entire context of the thread. It was such an egregious lack of comprehension I was assuming you might be a bot account of some sort that automatically posts on any tuned thread. These types of bots exist and are prevalent in many places.

The contrast of having a user initiated issue with downtuning performance on a tune is funny in comparison to all the drama regarding tuning issues with adding more performance. Basically "look I'm a dumbass and set my rec limiter too low", we are all just laughing at my expense.
"Title is misleading. Sounded like you were using a Hondata tune, in which you weren't. You tried tuning it yourself and ended up with problems."

That was my initial post in this thread. Was it wrong?

How is this any different than a thread titled "KTuner blew my engine" and the OP talks about tuning with it himself ultimately blowing it?
Sponsored