PSA: Foresee some wrecked civic SI's soon...

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
  • Banned
Especially the peeps whining about not enough torque, especially HP. I don't think some of you complaining about NOT ENUFF POWA! know what you are getting yourselves into. Just drove in the wet today and today it was the beemers being ding dongs. Had a BMW SUV cut me off and I got mad. Final broke away changing 2 lanes and half throttle. Lost traction about half a second. Looked at the speedo and I was going 95mph. I know I didn't hit even 4000 rpm and only used a clue shifts to get there. Driving on GranTurismo a lot I never really liked turbos unless I could get the power to kick in down low. As I mentioned in another thread I don't think a lot of people know what they're getting into at 200hp/200tq and above in real daily driving. I think the new SI will probably dyno at about those numbers. You really gotta watch the turbo lag and then the huge acceleration guys. Seriously. Even with a LSD. I still haven't opened up the throttle on my GTI because I am a little scared and haven't done my ~1500 mile oil change yet. I've got to drive a few big HP cars when I was younger but only opened up in straights. The driving dynamics really change with a turbo, especially in turns you're used to taking in NA engines. If you don't have your boost you might end up sideways because you didn't get the traction or slips out from underneath you because it kicked in mid turn. I wish the industry went to small superchargers for more linear power. But that's just me. Really had to share because I had an oh $hit moment a little while ago. Heck, hopefully I won't be eating my own words. I'd really try to get acquainted with the new dynamics of your SI's before you go bonkers. Might save you from having to buy rims and tires if you have a minor boo boo. Peace.
Sponsored

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Especially the peeps whining about not enough torque, especially HP. I don't think some of you complaining about NOT ENUFF POWA! know what you are getting yourselves into. Just drove in the wet today and today it was the beemers being ding dongs. Had a BMW SUV cut me off and I got mad. Final broke away changing 2 lanes and half throttle. Lost traction about half a second. Looked at the speedo and I was going 95mph. I know I didn't hit even 4000 rpm and only used a clue shifts to get there. Driving on GranTurismo a lot I never really liked turbos unless I could get the power to kick in down low. As I mentioned in another thread I don't think a lot of people know what they're getting into at 200hp/200tq and above in real daily driving. I think the new SI will probably dyno at about those numbers. You really gotta watch the turbo lag and then the huge acceleration guys. Seriously. Even with a LSD. I still haven't opened up the throttle on my GTI because I am a little scared and haven't done my ~1500 mile oil change yet. I've got to drive a few big HP cars when I was younger but only opened up in straights. The driving dynamics really change with a turbo, especially in turns you're used to taking in NA engines. If you don't have your boost you might end up sideways because you didn't get the traction or slips out from underneath you because it kicked in mid turn. I wish the industry went to small superchargers for more linear power. But that's just me. Really had to share because I had an oh $hit moment a little while ago. Heck, hopefully I won't be eating my own words. I'd really try to get acquainted with the new dynamics of your SI's before you go bonkers. Might save you from having to buy rims and tires if you have a minor boo boo. Peace.
Pokemon,

2 things to say:

1. Nothing cool at all about doing 95 on the streets when you get mad at other idiotic drivers....you are just adding more fuel to the fire.

2. Please for the love of God , DO NOT base your real world driving intentions on a PlayStation game...you are going to get yourself or others killed.

I am no angel but driving like a tool on open public roads is just so wrong....

Actually, I have a 3rd point to add:

3. Please do not drive in Canada :)....ever

OP
OP
pukemon

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
  • Banned
Didn't mean to do 95. Just ended up there. Just got my GTI. ended up doing 90 a few times when I first got my SI's. Still learning the gearing. 6xxx redline on my GTI. If you had several beemers cut you off several times in a row like this afternoon, having 50-100 yards of clear space behind me and doing 45mp with 2-3 car lengths in front of me, I think most would've wanted to break away too.

Last edited:

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The CivicX site needs a "VW blogs" board for the OP :)
Nice one cooper ...

....Pukemon,you should visit vwvortex...you can learn so much more about the GTI there....great board...lots of friendly really good all around posters....

As for some of my previous posts over the year, I will admit I threw a lot of shade on Honda for the delays/lack of info/lack of power etc....but imho, this is the best Si forum out there...and I have grown to like the new SI a little more now....have just moved up in price to the Golf R...but can't shake the awesome memories and nostalgia of growing up in 4 banger Hondas...Si is still a car with a great heritage and I am sure we will see improvements in power over this current cycle

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
The bimmer was probably angered by your gross polluting / emission test cheating vehicle and decided to cut you off. Fortunately Honda drivers won't have that problem.

Also the LSD will help with traction loss?

OP
OP
pukemon

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
that was diesel cars only right? and part of the reason i took a chance on VW. their brand has been lowered? if i wanted to rag on honda i could bring up airbags but i digress. hope i never ever get a face full of white.

not sure if it kicked in or not. i just let off the throttle and let it slow down on it's own. haven't felt the LSD at all, yet. haven't burned out, taken a corner high speed and i know a few railroad tracks that always set my LSD off on my '14 SI that drove me up the wall I forgot to turn it off on a dry day.

and i have been reading vwvortex and popping on a couple of other forums. just enthused to pop enough about to pop in here. still eager to hear some SI and Type R stories. eager to hear about stock tunes from vit and impressions of the type R. hoping to get a chance to drive one. eager to see/read what mean angry civic drives like from the factory.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
What a thread! lol, here we go..

As I mentioned in another thread I don't think a lot of people know what they're getting into at 200hp/200tq and above in real daily driving.
"....huge acceleration"

from 200whp....lol. Glad to see you enjoying the car though!

1. Nothing cool at all about doing 95 on the streets when you get mad at other idiotic drivers....you are just adding more fuel to the fire.

2. Please for the love of God , DO NOT base your real world driving intentions on a PlayStation game...you are going to get yourself or others killed.

I am no angel but driving like a tool on open public roads is just so wrong....

Actually, I have a 3rd point to add:

3. Please do not drive in Canada :)....ever
95 isnt even fast. Get over it lol. Some people drive like shit/too slow....so am I gonna stay behind them/inside the wolf-pack?? Hell no.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
What a thread! lol, here we go..

"....huge acceleration"

from 200whp....lol. Glad to see you enjoying the car though!

95 isnt even fast. Get over it lol. Some people drive like shit/too slow....so am I gonna stay behind them/inside the wolf-pack?? Hell no.
95 is 25 over the highest HW legal limit (70) that is enough to have your license taken away.
Sponsored