EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
This this was interesting.. I took out the foam block out, folded the corner tab and was able to fit the bigger box that was not intended for this civic with center exhaust/ spare tire. Now im re-thinking that this would or could be a third option meaning that if peeps are willing to cut that tab off or have that mat custom made up to the box and also perhaps cutting off or leaving a lil strip of the foam that will support up to the rear seats or something....hmmm maybe even screw in some L- brackets on front of box to support that side of the mat. Just thought id share that possibility so possibly still use the bigger box if u have this set up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170021_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170442

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170509

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170536

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170547_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170632_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_170635

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
On the pictures of the car where the foam was removed... if the driver excursion is high enough, it looks like it's going to contact the side of the well it sits in. That's going to be very audible and can set the coil and former off enough to make it rub in the magnet gap.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
On the pictures of the car where the foam was removed... if the driver excursion is high enough, it looks like it's going to contact the side of the well it sits in. That's going to be very audible and can set the coil and former off enough to make it rub in the magnet gap.
Hmm do you mean the travel of the speaker hitting the floor map? If so, the speaker hole can still b moved up a few inches or so. I may have misunderstood.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
thats what I meant. I have a pair of 10" downfiring Pioneers in their own boxes under the rear seat of my truck, sometimes the feet "settle" in a bit to much and the cones contact the floor...
makes a horrible clicking sound.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
thats what I meant. I have a pair of 10" downfiring Pioneers in their own boxes under the rear seat of my truck, sometimes the feet "settle" in a bit to much and the cones contact the floor...
makes a horrible clicking sound.
Ahh got it. Yea i can c how that would b a problem. Being that its the bigger box..i have no doubt that i can clear that up higher. Now installing some sort of protective grill over sub is another thing i would like 2 point out. I make the boxes so that theres about an 1" on space between the box and the floor mat lip. Think the kicker sub was about 3/8 thick on the rim and the JL audio was about a 1/2 thick so adding a grill im assuming that it may barely rub the floor mat as u pull up. My thinking was that its a minor problem seeing that the floor mat is flexible and u can kinda twist it a lil to clear it. Being that this box is made out of wood and 3/4 thick all the way around, i was not going to sacrifice any more air volume for that...( making depth of box even smaller) if that makes sence.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Ahh got it. Yea i can c how that would b a problem. Being that its the bigger box..i have no doubt that i can clear that up higher. Now installing some sort of protective grill over sub is another thing i would like 2 point out. I make the boxes so that theres about an 1" on space between the box and the floor mat lip. Think the kicker sub was about 3/8 thick on the rim and the JL audio was about a 1/2 thick so adding a grill im assuming that it may barely rub the floor mat as u pull up. My thinking was that its a minor problem seeing that the floor mat is flexible and u can kinda twist it a lil to clear it. Being that this box is made out of wood and 3/4 thick all the way around, i was not going to sacrifice any more air volume for that...( making depth of box even smaller) if that makes sence.
Update on my last post above..i was wrong about 3rd option. Thx to Ocelot..i was looking at the pics a little closer and realized that that the 10 inch sub will now b able to be moved up higher to clear the mat. Noticed that there are 2 pics..one of it showing the big box but sitting on the actual foam pc. The other pic shows it sunk in deeper because the foam was out. Went to measure the sub and it looks like i would need to move the 10 1\2" dia sub 6" up higher that the box clearly does not have. That damn center exhaust...hhhrrrr!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200117_170128_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200117_170221_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200117_170144_HDR

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Update on my last post above..i was wrong about 3rd option. Thx to Ocelot..i was looking at the pics a little closer and realized that that the 10 inch sub will now b able to be moved up higher to clear the mat. Noticed that there are 2 pics..one of it showing the big box but sitting on the actual foam pc. The other pic shows it sunk in deeper because the foam was out. Went to measure the sub and it looks like i would need to move the 10 1\2" dia sub 6" up higher that the box clearly does not have. That damn center exhaust...hhhrrrr!!

Thx to Ocelot..i was looking at the pics a little closer and realized that the 10 inch sub will NOT be able to be moved up higher to clear the floor mat.

Sorry guys..i should take the time and correct my spelling.
Sponsored