EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Also..im in san diego. Would like to test these out on someone elses sedan to get input on what the.y think of the sound.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Cool, they look good. What is the internal volume of them?

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
I honestly dont know. I tend to build another one with no speaker hole..fill with water and c if that works.
It has a lot of curved corners so kinda hard to measure internal dims. They both sound good but i yet to have these put in others civics to get their input.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Waiting on pictures of one installed?
I'd like to know the interior volume too, the regular sedan one looks like a few 12"ers would work great.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Yep popcorn would do. My wife said she was going to fill one up with rice lol. Its weird but rice would totally fill in the contours. So as far as fitment..im at my day job so as soon as i get out..ill b hunting for peeps on the streets 2 c if theyll let me put them in and ill take photos.12inch...hmmm im not sure i mean i yet to c what volume these have and i would think a 12in would require a lot more volume but im no expert.. Still learning. They both sound great but thats coming from the builder..its what others think that also matter. Ill keep u all posted.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
No rush, just very interested in a capable but discrete/unobtrusive enclosure.

There's other factors that are holding me up - I like all the functionality of my OEM system, just not the sound.
I'm waiting on an interface of some type or another so I can keep my OEM attributes like the vehicle controls and cameras, etc but add
an amplifier for the front along with better speakers and a subwoofer for better bass. I don't want to have to battle dynamic eq and a bass nanny with the OEM stuff though.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
No rush, just very interested in a capable but discrete/unobtrusive enclosure.

There's other factors that are holding me up - I like all the functionality of my OEM system, just not the sound.
I'm waiting on an interface of some type or another so I can keep my OEM attributes like the vehicle controls and cameras, etc but add
an amplifier for the front along with better speakers and a subwoofer for better bass. I don't want to have to battle dynamic eq and a bass nanny with the OEM stuff though.
Yep i hear ya. Thats basically the reason behind this build....having something that doesnt take up as much space. Though th upside to a standard box will probably sound better but you sacrifice a lil internal volume for trunk space and still be able to fold down seats. Guess u can c it this way....how much better is the boooom from a factory sub to this 10" sub box?

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Yep i hear ya. Thats basically the reason behind this build....having something that doesnt take up as much space. Though th upside to a standard box will probably sound better but you sacrifice a lil internal volume for trunk space and still be able to fold down seats. Guess u can c it this way....how much better is the boooom from a factory sub to this 10" sub box?
Lol meant how much better custom box to factory sub. Lol.

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Speaker internal volume est. I calculated 544 oz of laundry detergent for the bigger sub box and 448 oz on the smaller sub box. So how ever u guys want to convert oz to whatever is what im getting more or less from these boxes.
We were able to fill the small box with 32oz full scoops (14) times. The there was not going to be enough detergent for the bigger one but had a little over 32oz left after the small bix was filled and guestemated about 3 more scoops for the bigger box...so (17) x 32oz = 544 oz.

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_151722_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_151841_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_153409

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_153309

OP
OP
EtRtcarguy

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
So here are picks of the regular sedan (bigger sub box). Salesmen at this car lot was kind enough to let me test fit the boxes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_164834

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_164839

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_164845

Honda Civic 10th gen Prototype sedan subwoofer boxes 20200116_164853