Protecting Seat Bolsters

1. Thawk

Thawk Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Type R
    The seat bolsters (on the seat bottom, not so much seat back) feel like they're going to get a lot of wear from getting in and out each time. Each time I sit and get up, it's nearly impossible not to put some kind of significant weight on/against them before I settle in or get all the way out.

Do people have thoughts on preserving these? I have a feeling they are going to show significant signs of wear (creasing or crushing somewhat) before long.

2. jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda Senior Member

First Name:
    Jonny
    Car(s):
    2017 Civic Type R #1288
    I've found that it's best if I move the steering wheel in its highest position before i exit the vehicle. It is very tiring to do it after each ride, but my seat bolster is no longer getting worn.

JJAY8175 thanked this.
  3. tuxmonkey

tuxmonkey R-00330

First Name:
    Mike
    Car(s):
    '17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
    What I do is swing my left leg over the boulster before getting out. Puts minimal stress on it.

MonkeyBoost and Adaman thanked this.
  4. Ulti-Resis

Ulti-Resis Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type-R GT
    I'm looking into getting these...

They won't stop compression and crush but they will stop abrasion and seam splitting. They blend in perfectly. The only thing is after some emailing back and forth is that they can't guarantee to fit the right hand drive UKDM CTR. I have asked about returning for refund if they don't fit but I'm currently waiting for a reply.

If I get a response and it's positive about returning for refund if they don't fit then I'll be ordering some.

Only other thing is payment is by bank transfer only so no PayPal etc.

Anyone else bought these and can confirm they will fit UKDM right hand drive and are they actually any good?

5. CDNTyper

CDNTyper Member

First Name:
    Travis
    Car(s):
    2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
    Please keep me informed I’m interested.

6. Ulti-Resis

Ulti-Resis Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type-R GT
  7. Rayzorman1

Rayzorman1 I bleed Honda red.......

First Name:
    Ray
    Car(s):
    2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R, 2020 Acura RDX A-SPEC
    I bought the owner protection plan which has an interior protection aspect to it.

Normally I don’t buy these extended warranties but the price was reasonable and this is a car I plan to keep for a little while.

Also got the wheel and tire protection.

Hopefully will pick up the car later in the week

8. Ulti-Resis

Ulti-Resis Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Type-R GT
    The only thing is with those protection plans is that when you read the small print and restrictions, they are very limited in the scope of the protection they offer. I did look at all those plans when I was buying my CTR a few months ago and decided not to bother with them as they are simply not worth the cost. I took out the extended warranty that covers the car for 5 years instead of the the UK standard 3 years and I bought the 5 years servicing. I also took out a GAP Insurance plan but not through Honda.

The bolster protectors...they have agreed to a refund if they don't fit my car and they will pay return shipping to Germany up to €20 (I think this is fair) so I have said I'd be happy to cover anything over 20€ for the shipping. Going ahead with an order so I will post back here once I receive them.