bonne

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes... sold... now 10'th Gen Civic 1.5 VTEC CVT
Country flag
So... my car dealer wants to sell me a very expensive coating on delivery. I honestly can't justify for myself to pay this much for that kind of protection. But... of coarse I want to have some kind of protection, and I am thinking of DIY. For doing it yourself, what do you find to be the best product for a Lunar Silver?

I am 100% open to suggestions.

Regards, Lars.
Sponsored

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
When I purchased my car they tried selling me that type of coating too, Xzlion was the brand. I had originally said yes, but after a week I had called back and said to cancel it before it was applied and got my money back on it. After reading up on it and hearing what people had to say about it, it didn't make sense. As long as you wax it occasionally and wash it regularly, there's no reason to spend their absurd price for the coating. As soon as I saw I got the $700 credit on my account for it, I laughed at the cost. 100% unnecessary.

jliiiiil

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apply yourself a good paint sealant, top it with a nano protectant and wash smartly, plenty of threads here with member reviews on various products.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just took this picture while getting gas.

42F45387-E960-404A-8389-D7DAB0157C86.jpeg
Looks great.
Mine looks just like that.
Got the hood done like yours, front tips of the fenders, A pillars & roof from windshield back to sunroof opening.
Going in for the entire front bumper this coming Monday.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealer applied protection packages are typically quite poor in quality. Most are very cheap products that are poorly applied, so you are essentially just buying a warranty for a subpar product. I would always recommend skipping any type of dealer offered protection or even the dealer prep and take that money and spend it to have a true professional prep and protect your car.
Sponsored