Production 2018 Civic Type R Official Leaked Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Does this suggest that there will be an automatic transmission ??????? (DCT)
NO!!!

Other countries offer the sensing package on manual transmission vehicles. I think is due to some USA specific regulations.

Oh well!!!

BA
Sponsored

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've mentioned a few times regarding availability and how I believe there won't be a shortage of caR's. More-so, I believe that dealers are hyping the car to justify mark-up. While some people are posting that their dealer has orders pending, know what they are getting, etc, just as many are indicating they haven't a clue about the car. There is too munch uncertainty amongst the community to believe dealers have orders, know what they are getting, or even how many they are getting. It just doesn't add up to me.

699 S2k CR's were available
3800 ITR's were available
1000 Mugen Si's were available

That said, these were all known limited production vehicles. They were never hard to get, either. There may not have been one on the Honda lot down the street but if you wanted one, you could buy one somewhere within a few hundred mile radius. To date, Honda has not indicated a limited production run of the next gen R, in fact they have said quite the opposite.

I am just as pumped as the next guy about the R. As mentioned, I am probably the poster child for a Honda fanboy. I have a difficult time believing the caR will be difficult to get.

Only a few more days...
I think what you are overseeing here is that 3800 ITR's isnt' exactly "rare"... that's 300+ cars each month for the year... not to mention you're speaking about a car from over 15 years ago...

the 699 CRS2k and 1000 Mugen Si's sat on lots because they were legit overpriced cars that essentially had a few factory installed parts...

if rumors are true, the 1000 CTR that we would be getting in the US is NOT even close to comparable to any of those for either different decade/market or just for the fact that it is actually a totally different car and not just a body kit with the radio removed...

I really just can't wait to hear official numbers from Geneva... until then, it's all just rumors... i know nothing more than anyone here...

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I've mentioned a few times regarding availability and how I believe there won't be a shortage of caR's. More-so, I believe that dealers are hyping the car to justify mark-up. While some people are posting that their dealer has orders pending, know what they are getting, etc, just as many are indicating they haven't a clue about the car. There is too munch uncertainty amongst the community to believe dealers have orders, know what they are getting, or even how many they are getting. It just doesn't add up to me.

That said, these were all known limited production vehicles. They were never hard to get, either. There may not have been one on the Honda lot down the street but if you wanted one, you could buy one somewhere within a few hundred mile radius. To date, Honda has not indicated a limited production run of the next gen R, in fact they have said quite the opposite.

I am just as pumped as the next guy about the R. As mentioned, I am probably the poster child for a Honda fanboy. I have a difficult time believing the caR will be difficult to get.

Only a few more days...
You know what makes me angry? All the misinformation being spread out there by so-called information given to potential customers by so-called dealer employees that, in my eyes either don't know any info or are spreading bad info given to them from higher up dealer employees that really don't give a crap.

How are dealers "hyping up" the CTR when we know almost nothing about it?

There is barely any accurate information out there available to dealers on this car and I really hate that these a-holes keep giving us true enthusiasts and car salesmen a bad name.

I work at a family owned dealer that has no enthusiasts at the top of it so all they see is Metal being sold but at the same time it has the policy not to charge ADM on any vehicles. Is up to me and another enthusiast salesperson to keep up with the latest on the CTR by investigating the iN (internal Honda System) and making calls and communication with the Regional Rep.

I will be 100% up-front... I want one and have placed my deposit as well. I have already been told I will be paying MSRP like any other customer so no benefit there, but I really don't care, I was already expecting this. Now it's a matter of how much and what's going to be available for me. I want a Ralley Red one so that might take a minute for me to achieve.

The point is that there is so much bad info out there that it's hard to choose who to believe. I understand but, I believe what I know and I know it's more than likely correct. Can't say 100% but it's the best I have.

Y'all have a great night!!!

BA

Honda4LifeAU

Number 1 Honda Fan from Australia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD K20, Jazz GE
The point is that there is so much bad info out there that it's hard to choose who to believe. I understand but, I believe what I know and I know it's more than likely correct. Can't say 100% but it's the best I have.
Ok BA, keep this forum updated on your latest info then.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag

Only a few more days...
I subscribe to this opinion.

I agree they will be available. My dealer sat on a mugen Si for a very long time as well as S2Ks. They will sell the first few quick but Honda is always good at product roll out

I think 3,000 miles for a 240 tread wear rating is a little pessimistic. Of course it all depends on how you drive, but unless you are doing repeated burn outs or tracking it on weekends, these should last at least 10,000 miles even with aggressive road driving. I have a set of Bridgestones with 280 tread wear & they have almost 30,000 miles on them with a few k left. I don't drive recklessly or bash my tires, but I don't putter around either.
Same for me, I am careful with the tyres and esp with car's mechanics. Not subjecting it to unuseful mechanical stress.

NO!!!

Other countries offer the sensing package on manual transmission vehicles. I think is due to some USA specific regulations.

Oh well!!!

BA
I think what you are overseeing here is that 3800 ITR's isnt' exactly "rare"... that's 300+ cars each month for the year... not to mention you're speaking about a car from over 15 years ago...

the 699 CRS2k and 1000 Mugen Si's sat on lots because they were legit overpriced cars that essentially had a few factory installed parts...

if rumors are true, the 1000 CTR that we would be getting in the US is NOT even close to comparable to any of those for either different decade/market or just for the fact that it is actually a totally different car and not just a body kit with the radio removed...

I really just can't wait to hear official numbers from Geneva... until then, it's all just rumors... i know nothing more than anyone here...
After the initial fever will have calmed down they will be found. Just as Focus RS, Subaru WRX, which are also global models. Trouble is that today's market is much more competitive than in that era. You have pretty powerful cars(esp North America), sport packages. It's not such as an exotic car as before.

You know what makes me angry? All the misinformation being spread out there by so-called information given to potential customers by so-called dealer employees that, in my eyes either don't know any info or are spreading bad info given to them from higher up dealer employees that really don't give a crap.

There is barely any accurate information out there available to dealers on this car and I really hate that these a-holes keep giving us true enthusiasts and car salesmen a bad name.

I work at a family owned dealer that has no enthusiasts at the top of it so all they see is Metal being sold but at the same time it has the policy not to charge ADM on any vehicles. Is up to me and another enthusiast salesperson to keep up with the latest on the CTR by investigating the iN (internal Honda System) and making calls and communication with the Regional Rep.

I will be 100% up-front... I want one and have placed my deposit as well. I have already been told I will be paying MSRP like any other customer so no benefit there, but I really don't care, I was already expecting this. Now it's a matter of how much and what's going to be available for me. I want a Ralley Red one so that might take a minute for me to achieve.

BA
They master well these marketing antics. "Leaked" photos, scarce info, nothing exact, big words.
As I said before, I tested the FK2 type R and while good(nice engine sound, firm, sport ambiance) it had shortcomings that made you hesitate when put against the good "volume production" cars. Today's market is more competitive and offers you interesting alternatives.

Also better to be mindful how I spend the hard earned money. Instead of jumping ahead, then find out that it is "meeh" and take a loss. I prefer to wait and see reviews at least, maybe do a drive test. Money are hard to get by these days. I guess not many Wall Street wolves/sheikhs buy this, regular folks do.

Last edited:

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
I can't see my tires needing replacement after 3k miles... oddly enough, if they did, spending 40k on a car, another few bucks for decent tires won't kill me. Can't say I'd be happy
Drove 4000 miles on my first set ;-) Slowed down a bit after that...

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Not for the USA I'm afraid. I want it since I have it on my 16' Civic Touring Sedan but not offered in the manual transmissions here. :-(

BA
I know this doesn't mean the US is getting it, but the test car we saw awhile ago had it too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2018 Civic Type R Official Leaked Pictures 14938337_1111204802320875_1468116168316061800_n

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
True enough, I would say everyone prob has a different way of driving. I personally have no track anywheres near me, and I don't go into every corner at full tilt. I've had plenty of soft, fast wearing tires, but they always seemed to live a sufficient life... until there smokey funeral service
In my experience on awd cars most tires good for 10-12k don't last much longer if driven slowly or regular highway miles or if you corner like a madman and go fast all the time.

If your in a rwd or fwd your going to burn them much faster due to the traction loss. And with the front tires doing all the power on top of turning and majority of braking they won't last long and if they do why buy the type r model? Your driving it soft no point in paying an extra 8-10k

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I think 3,000 miles for a 240 tread wear rating is a little pessimistic. Of course it all depends on how you drive, but unless you are doing repeated burn outs or tracking it on weekends, these should last at least 10,000 miles even with aggressive road driving. I have a set of Bridgestones with 280 tread wear & they have almost 30,000 miles on them with a few k left. I don't drive recklessly or bash my tires, but I don't putter around either.
They aren't lasting much more than about 3,000 miles on the test mules. Don't ask me how I know. Additionally, UTQG numbers are nothing more than computer generated numbers established by the tire manufacture. Never put faith in a UTQG number.

This car will go through a lot of consumables. If you buy the caR, you should be prepared to go through tires like it's cool.

BA
Creating demand is marketing 101. From one salesman to another, I hope you know this. Always create demand for this and the next product with your customers. -I expect Honda may mention a S2k replacement prototype very soon as well.

I don't blame dealers for sending out 'mis-information'. It's simply creating value in the product in they are attempting to sell. Dealers don't want this car on the showroom floor or lot taking up space....they would rather have another CRV or Odyssey in its place. Create the demand and sell it for the most amount of money someone is willing to pay. That is sales 101, outside of marketing 101.

That said, most here are talking about a deposit on a car. While I think this is absolutely nuts, at some point in time...whenever that may be....a caR will be here. Who knows the colors, the true output in its entirety, or even the price of said car, but people are already buying it. FWIW, the NSX was pushed back a year, after they told dealers they were coming.

There's a reason that not only you as a 'salesman in a family owned dealership' put a deposit down but also talking about it online. Someone has sparked interest to you. Not sure if it was this forum or the folks in your dealership, but someone has sold the caR to you already. By the way, most dealerships are family owned on some level.

Let's just slow down and look at whats really happening here.

Again, to each their own. Next week will be great for not only Honda and enthusiasts in North America, but the world. I can't wait. Honda, you've done a great job at keeping people on the edge of their seats for the past two years.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They aren't lasting much more than about 3,000 miles on the test mules. Don't ask me how I know. Additionally, UTQG numbers are nothing more than computer generated numbers established by the tire manufacture. Never put faith in a UTQG number.

This car will go through a lot of consumables. If you buy the caR, you should be prepared to go through tires like it's cool.

Creating demand is marketing 101. From one salesman to another, I hope you know this. Always create demand for this and the next product with your customers. -I expect Honda may mention a S2k replacement prototype very soon as well.

I don't blame dealers for sending out 'mis-information'. It's simply creating value in the product in they are attempting to sell. Dealers don't want this car on the showroom floor or lot taking up space....they would rather have another CRV or Odyssey in its place. Create the demand and sell it for the most amount of money someone is willing to pay. That is sales 101, outside of marketing 101.

That said, most here are talking about a deposit on a car. While I think this is absolutely nuts, at some point in time...whenever that may be....a caR will be here. Who knows the colors, the true output in its entirety, or even the price of said car, but people are already buying it. FWIW, the NSX was pushed back a year, after they told dealers they were coming.

There's a reason that not only you as a 'salesman in a family owned dealership' put a deposit down but also talking about it online. Someone has sparked interest to you. Not sure if it was this forum or the folks in your dealership, but someone has sold the caR to you already. By the way, most dealerships are family owned on some level.

Let's just slow down and look at whats really happening here.

Again, to each their own. Next week will be great for not only Honda and enthusiasts in North America, but the world. I can't wait. Honda, you've done a great job at keeping people on the edge of their seats for the past two years.
No one has bought the car yet. People are putting down deposits (100% refundable in my case) for FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL. Can't speak for eveyone, but I bet this is true for at least 99% of the cases. Said this many times already. 100% refundable (not even deposited, just held) for first right of refusal at MSRP = no skin in the game. It's also not like we are getting in line for something we know nothing about. No person sold me on the new CTR, Honda did with the latest Euro CTR. We know quite a lot about the car already, if only the least of what it will be. Getting in line (virtually) with literally no skin in the game for the first right to buy/refuse the first CTR in the US sounds like a no brainer to me (if you really want one.) I 100% understand waiting around to see ALL the details, reviews, etc., but there is pretty good indication this is going to be the best Civic ever made.

Patience is a virtue, but I've been pateintly waiting for this car my whole adult life. I know enough about the CTR to be first in line at zero cost to me.

Last edited:

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been wanting a CTR forever. I'm 46 years old and have had a couple new Civic Si Hatches in 89-90. Later in had a couple of 90 CRX Si's with many modifications, engine swap, suspension, etc. I now want what the CTR will bring, a high level of performance from the factory with reliability and warranty built in.

BA

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
I've been wanting a CTR forever. I'm 46 years old and have had a couple new Civic Si Hatches in 89-90. Later in had a couple of 90 CRX Si's with many modifications, engine swap, suspension, etc. I now want what the CTR will bring, a high level of performance from the factory with reliability and warranty built in.

BA
Pretty sure majority of buyers will be under 25. I bet you will have the lowest insurance rate!

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pretty sure majority of buyers will be under 25. I bet you will have the lowest insurance rate!
I don't know... I think someone under 25 will not likely have the means and/or credit to do it. I'm sure there will be exceptions to this. I can tell you that at 25 I couldn't do it.

As far as insurance... I'm with USAA so I suspect in the grand scheme of things my rate will be good... :)

BA
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.