Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The production 2017 Civic Hatchback styling has been revealed via these official patent images that we have obtained!

While it's not as aggressive in styling as the Concept Concept revealed at the recent Geneva Autoshow, the overall styling remains consistent with the 10th generation Civic sedan and coupe. It has also lost its central mounted dual exhaust pipes from the concept car, which will remain hidden as on the sedan and coupe. We've posted some concept photos for comparison.

The 2017 Civic Hatchback is expected to arrive in the second half of 2016. It will be powered by the Civic's 1.5L turbo 4 cylinder (no 2.0L expected). This 5 door hatchback body will also be what the next generation Civic Type R is based upon when it's introduced to the world (including the North American market).

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-patent-images-
Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-patent-images-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-patent-images-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-patent-images-3

Compare to the Concept Hatchback:

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images _TB_0609_Copyright Guido ten Brink SB-Medien

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images honda-civic-hatchback-007-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images honda-civic-hatchback-009-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images honda-civic-hatch-prototype-geneva-1

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woulda been nice to have kept the exhaust, but oh well. Maybe CTR. Not shocked that even in the rear, dimensions are 92% similar to the sedan.

Arkbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Interesting rear end. It doesn't look bad. Obviously not as aggressive as the prototype but not bad. I think I still prefer my sedan out of all three.

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I like that they left the roof spoiler and the tail light jutting out like a trunk spoiler. I think the double spoiler look gives the profile view a sporty look.

If you throw some larger wheels onto the production image and black out the window trim, it's not that far off from the concept version. Just needs side skirts and front lip to virtually look the same as the concept.

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images 2017-honda-civic-hatchback-patent-images-2-

Honda Civic 10th gen Production 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Styling Revealed in Patent Images honda-civic-hatch-prototype-geneva-1-

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting they kept the more radical rear bumper, but a bit too chunky looking for me, prefer the coupe and sedan rear bumpers more i think.

Also interesting to note, looks like they're keeping the front grill black instead of chrome. A bit surprised the coupe didn't at least get black grill as an option, but a quick replacement would be super easy with this on the market since all the front end pieces should carry over exactly in terms of fitment. Still think they should make the black an optional accessory for the coupe and sedan.

Nicktyelor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Accord EX
Minus the wheels, skirts, and exhausts, it's literally the same as the concept. Very good looking. Those pipes better make a return for the Si or Type R though...

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I dig it. Guarantee the 1.5t 6 speed gets released with the hatchback. Then the 2017 Coupes and Sedans will have a 1.5T manual option

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like were getting the front and rear bumpers

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I like it, I told the general manager of the dealer I go to, we may have to have a conversation about swapping when the hatch back comes out lol
The back kind of reminds me of a Crosstour with it's built in spoiler.

Last edited:

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Definitely looks good. i've said it before...but it reminds me of the WRX hatches of late. Pretty sweet shape, kind of wagon-ish? I just hope and pray they finally release the 1.5t manual with this so I can go and buy one

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm definitely happy I went with the Sedan. Looks the best to me in my opinion.
Sponsored